Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just saying hi re my 1st post

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Bikemechanicchick, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Hi All,

This is my 1st post, I am a lady bike mechanic (yes you heard right) form Sydney Au's. I run my own small mobile bike repairs business. I have been in the industry for over 28yrs & finished my apprenticeship way back in 86.

Just saying a breif hello as I am a very busy woman but will find the time to drop in now & then, Cheers.

2. Marry me ...fix my 7 Harley's and cook me and my dog dinner...we will be a great couple ! but I do have to go home to my fiancé every now n then - ok?

In the meantime welcome and I hope you enjoy this nuthouse as much as I do - what area of Sydney do you call home if you don't mind me asking? And what do you ride?
  3. Welcome to Netrider; I hope you may be able to provide some wise answers to the many mechanical questions we ask :).
  4. Also I was born the year after you finished your apprenticeship ! It's a sign !
  5. CRISIS keep away from women
    Dont you have a A.V.O or somthing lol
  6. Welcome in. God to have someone with mechanical experience on here...for a change!

Ha ha!

7. Eh...technically you are correct...but I dropped out of year 1 for this exact reason...so I can plead stupidity as my defense as I don't know what that paper says ...
  8. Hi,

Geez I get these sort of wishful thinking comments from Hog riders all the time. I do admit tho that after all these yrs I am not particularly endeared by fixing bikes. Sure I am good at it but I tend to avoid mentioning what I do [-(for a quid when I am out socially.

I live in the lower nth shore of Sydney (northern beaches).

Should it be the case I bother re marrying the guy would not likely be a bike enthusiast so sorry guys you'd be outta luck LOL,

9. legend....you'll fit in well here....enjoy the forum matey
  10. Hi Paul,

Thank you for yr welcome, I get very little spare time during my 1 day off a week. Most of my Sunday is spent resting my weiry bones & massaging my skin & hands for hrs.

Once in a while I may get a chance to offer a little short & sweet advice. Bare in mind tho it may take a while for me to find the time to reply to any questions,

Cheers netriderchchic.
  11. Born and raised in Freshy. Moved to Narra after school then Noosa ha ha.
    Luv a good right hand break.
    Just got back from my first social ride this year...:) I ride for a living....... so's I know what ya mean.
  12. Hi there

I am not into bikes at all - I just like to dress up as if I am into them - its an image thing nothing else.

I like to do crochet and knitting in my spare time.
    I also collect paint sample cards for fun and profit
    • Like Like x 1
  13. very little Tak
  14. Hello and welcome, it can be fun here and you can learn stuff. You can probably teach us stuff.
  15. HI Brett, indeed it could be a case of a very small world I also grew up in freshwater / curl curl / dee why etc.

I never bother with the whole biker chic thing, I am actually quite girly socially very much so a skirt & heels type lady socially. People ask me what I ride I tell them you name it I have probebly ridden it at some stage over the last 28 yrs fixing bikes.

I have owned over 40 bikes from 50cc to 1300cc & usually just sold them after I fixed them. Road tests suffice to fill the need for a ride.

Alas you are older than me tho: nopity: there is a good chance you may have know my 2 leunatic older brothers who where always getting in strife back then,

Cheers bike mechchic.
  16. Was at St John the Baptist, then Christian bros.
    Lived in Soldiers av when I was a takker
  17. Hi Brett ??? I can't recall as my brothers & I where public school kids & rarely mixed with the catholic school kids.

Never mind nice to meet you anyway, happy riding,

18. Hi
    Welcome to the forum. They are a great bunch of blokes.