Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just putting it out there

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by down_with_choppers, Jul 14, 2008.

1. That loving you bike/car/caravan is bulls&%$.
    It makes me wanna say wake up to yourself when people say I LOVE my bike because I know some people really do. As in they break down in tears when it gets a scratch or something.
    I say save your love for people. At least a dog. your bike doesn't feel hugs......

2. yes but your from towoomba and probably LOVE your sister.
  3. Well, maybe my bike doesnt feel hugs etc. But when I know that it will always serve me well as long as I look after it then it will repay me a thousandfold more than anyone I know.

Kissy Kissy :driver:

4. Nice!!
  5. Dont hate, appreciate
  6. :rofl:
  7. [​IMG]

Nice one Slick.

DWC, had a bad day?

For the record, I "love" my bike, in that I'm attached to it and am fond of it. It doesn't get hugged or give hugs... but I don't look at it as a utensil like I do my car.
  8. Are you trying to tell us something :?: :twisted:
  9. I'm stuffed then..

I don't have a pet or a partner... so I guess I'll have to stick with loving my bike :grin:
  10. Good one [​IMG] [​IMG]

I know what OP is saying.. but WTF create a thread saying that?

Tell someone who cares I say. If someone loves their bike, then
    good on em.

Nothing wrong with that in the slightest.

Only thing thats BS, is OP.
  11. I don't love my four door 4wd spatula, but I am fond of it.
  12. I like my bike :)
    I say if you 'love' your bike ... cool
    However, some people DO take things too far

13. I named my bike Basil. is that a bad thing?
  14. masterful
  15. A new Netrider benchmark; a drunken MONDAY night post......
  16. [​IMG]

http://www.closeronline.co.uk/RealL...x-with-car.aspx?dateonline=Monday 19 May 2008

Some people just take it too far ...
  17. The OP obviously has had a bad encounter with a denture clinic :LOL:.
  18. Nah, once again we find that Daddy loved bikes more than him...
  19. I'm totally with you. I find it embarrassing when people fawn over their machines. They're tools. Fun tools, but just tools, and if they get dirty or scratched they can still do the same job. And there's nothing special about *yours* - they're ALL good fun.
  20. my bike has given me more grins than any women i've ever loved, it's slightly more reliable and not quite so emotionally insane. winner.