Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just put a deposit on a new MT09

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Barters81, Jan 30, 2016.

1. So umm...yeah.

Pick it up next week as I'm away for work all week interstate.

Pretty funny as I was looking at getting an Aprilia Shiver 750, went for a few test rides. Test rode the MT09 which I've always sort of lusted after and knew in about 3 minutes it was the bike for me.

It's in the matt grey with no extras so nothing special but ended up getting a cracker deal with the trade on my ninja 300. Basically I was looking at getting a demo or new near bike, but the dealership offered a good price on a new one to meet their sales bonus or some shit........long story short it was almost the same price for a bike with 10,000kms as it was for a new one.....and that was that.

It's all subject to a final inspection on my ninja, though I'm not concerned given they've seen the bike before.

So yeah, I'm feeling a little like this at the present.....

• Like Like x 14
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. congrats on the new ride :)
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Well, when you know, you KNOW......Congrats Barters81Barters81! Awesome choice of a ride (y), very classy colour too. I've heard from a reliable source that you've been doing splendid job getting everything that little Ninja had to offer and more... It is definitely the right time for a grown up bike. Enjoy!
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Congrats on the new ride! :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Congrats...

• Like Like x 1
  6. That little ninja is a great bike, will be a part of me that is sad to see it go. I tried the whole 'learn to ride a slow bike fast' thing, but now it's time for some fun without as much effort.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. That'll have your front wheel up no bother lol
    • Like Like x 2
  8. lol.....yep. The test ride was a lot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. I bet it is one of the longest weeks in your life! Hope to see some pics when you can manage that. Showcase? Or better still photos from your ride.
  10. Congrats mate. Looking forward to seeing some photos.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. <--- Jealous!!!

Lovely bikes :D
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Oooooh I love that bike :) Congratulations Barters. Also priceless Ace clip :ROFLMAO:
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Congrats, its incredible how quickly you know its the one. For me it was 300m down the road from the dealer...

Enjoy the ride, don't forget to show us!
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. Well done mate. Can't wait to see it :)
    • Like Like x 1
  15. The dilemma is I leave for a Melbourne-Adelaide trip on Monday, back Friday afternoon. R License is Saturday morning apparently finishing at 1pm. If I tail it from the license test to the dealership with my bike I should have enough time. :nailbiting:

If the license test runs to schedule. If.....it doesn't, then I'll be getting it next Monday. :cry:

To be honest I'm not all that concerned as I'm more stoked in general about getting it.
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Going naked mate! Congrats on the power up - we'll have to go for a celebratory spin once you pick her up.

Passed the R test or doing it shortly?
  17. tell them to wait for you - few minutes for a sale shouldn't be big problem for them
  18. This coming Saturday. Been practising those pesky figure 8s. :)

Yeah you're right......but it is a Saturday and they will have my money by then........and I don't think they made much out of it. :whistle:
  19. The R test is actually at the dealership I went for my test ride with, but couldn't come to a price.

They know I'm coming, but don't know I've bought from elsewhere so it will be interesting. I don't feel bad as I gave them every opportunity to come to the party but they were $1000 shy of the mark while talking about a demo not new.

To be honest I was happy to settle for a bike with 10,000kms on the clock for the money and just wait for something to come up.

Then the motorcycling gods decided the third dealer I rang would throw a new bike under my nose. I've been to this dealership plenty looking at other bikes, but bought the MT09 over the phone.
  20. Just ring the Ninja's neck one last time to get there - a last hurrah of sorts. I hate figure 8's, but am getting good at doing tight u-turns.