Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just purchased CBR500RA

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Dogol, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Hi all
    Yep, i've just joined Netrider...and I've just returned to riding after 10 years on the sidelines. I should never have given it up! I was concinved I'd be buying a cruiser of some sort however I fell in love with the CBR500R. You just can't wipe the smile off my face! Just a fantastic bike which does everything I need it to, without me getting in to too much trouble. The wife hates it of course...pretty sure she's just jealous of me spending so much time on it haha. Can't wait to join some weekend rides near/around Perth. Sure, the wet is on its way, but hopefully there will be a few opportunities before the nice weather ends. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated. Cheers

• Like Like x 1
  2. Welcome to NR, nice choice of bike :)

3. Welcome back to riding... And welcome to NR..

4. Excellent choice of bike :) Welcome!

5. I second all the above. Great choice (biased) and welcome to NR.

6. Welcome. And were you ever a member of The Monkeys?

7. Cheers!

8. Haha wish I had have been. Woulda been some fun times

9. Thanks very much. Looking forward to being part of it

10. Welcome, hope you enjoy the bike & the forum. There are a few of us 500 riders lurking here now :)

11. Cheers. Yes I noticed that

12. welcome aboard :]

13. Great, thanks Jeffco!

14. Hey, another question if you guys are happy to reply...
    I'm curious to know what rev range i should be changing gears in. I get to about 4000 or 4500 and change. Kinda feels a bit low but its seems like its fairly screamin. How hi can i go without doing damage? The bike has only done 1300 kms. Thanks

15. As high as it will let you, all depends on what speed you want to go

16. General riding, I change at anything between 4-5k revs. If I am pushing, I'll change just before the rev limiter, which is around 8k revs. You cannot really damage the engine unless you sit on the rev limiter for hours on end I reckon. But that would be just silly ;)

17. ok cool, cheers miks

18. ok great, ta lots inztigator