Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just picked up new bike!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Andrewing, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Hey all been reading the forums for a bit and now that i actually have my bike i thought id post. Picked up my honda vtr250 on Saturday.

Was very nervous/excited i picked the bike up from the city and rode it to sandringham, whilst trying to avoid any freeways/highways. I had a friend come with me on his bike which took some of the pressure off. The main problem i found was leaving my indicator on.

O and it ran outa petrol, guys at the shop didnt tell me it was basicly empty (i found out how to use the reserve very quickly.)

Will do the learner weekend rides soon.
  2. Oh the indicator thing.... think we all went (and sometimes still do) through that.
    When I picked up mine for the first time, started pouring as soon as I sat on the thing at Peter Stevens.
    Welcome to netriders....
  3. Hehe, you will learn to cancel indicators pretty quickly if a car cleans you up because they thought you were turning ;)

Congrats on the bike :)
  4. +1 on the forget the indicator thing when I was new
  5. As I was riding away from Peter Stevens on my first bike I discovered that they had sold me a dud - no matter how hard I pressed down on the gear selector it just wouldn't go from first into second.

Got about half a block on first before I remembered that changing up means clicking up!!
  6. Congrats on your first bike, good choice too.
  7. love the pics champ, looks great :D