Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just passed my L's... Now for a trail or road bike???

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by mr_sikma, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Hey,

I recently passed my L's and I have been riding my 50cc skoot for over a year now!

During the test i rode a new Honda CBF 250 which seemed ok although a little underpowered, but i didnt go past 40kmh...

On the 2nd day i chose to ride the new road trail bike there for something different. It was a Suzuki DRZ 250.

As i am 180cm tall the bike was a good height for me and felt very nice.

Before i passed my test i was keen on a CBR 250RR but for the price and the age they seem a bit of a rip off.

I did want a full fairing race road style bike, but i enjoyed the road trail bike alot more. And last week i was riding a mates 110cc thumpstar in the dirt and had alot of fun!!!

The question i have is what would i be better off getting for a first bike? Not the exact bike type as i will search previous posts but whats the pros/cons on having a road trail or sports road bike?

Also i have seen alot of different names for a road trail bike; enduro, dual purpose etc... Are they all the same?

Heres the bikes i was able to ride...

Honda CBF 250

Suzuki DRZ 250