Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just new in this corner... and looking for a cycle

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Awtfell, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Greetings, for sometime now I have been attempting to jump in the rukus-of-riding. I have been hearing quiet concerns from my best one. The next step? ....just go ahead and see what happens(?) At present I am kicking tires in preparation for next year...Awt

2. Cool, and I'm not just referring to your weather compared to ours at the moment. Good luck with that tyre kicking and those concerns from your best one.

˙noʎ oʇ ʇɥƃıɹ sʞool sʇı os ǝuo uʍop puɐ dn ǝɥʇ op ʇsnɾ ll,ı - ɹǝpunuʍop ɯoɹɟ spou
  3. Now how the fark do you do that? lol impressive :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. LOL - "view source" even has a shortcut key. In chrome, it's control + U

Hello Awtfell, nice to have you along.

The social director has a duty of care. We empty rubbish bins, move wardrobes, and sharpen mower blades. They express quiet concern at our irresponsible passions. Forgiveness is always easier to get than permission. Just do it.

Choice is personal. A motorcycle is a machine to make you happy. If it also provides some degree of personal mobility, that's a bonus. Buy the one that makes you happy. That said, motorcycles belonging to new riders have a history of becoming tired and needing a little sleep from time to time, so it's perhaps wise to select a 1st bike that's a little 2nd hand. Kicking tyres feeds the demon. By all means continue, but it's a slippery slope. Welcome to NetRider - and the two wheeled life.