Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just moved to Brisbane

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by Ub3rS0ldat, Dec 27, 2012.

1. G'day all,

Matt here, 26, just recently moved to Brisbane from Sydney. Currently ride a Honda CBR250R which will last me until I can get my full licence, just on my red Ps at the moment which I'll be on for a year as I'm over 25 so I can move to open licence then.

Looking for a group around Brisbane that goes on regular rides and is happy to accept new members.

Cheers. :)

2. Welcome!

There is a group of riders here that have regular rides, every Saturday morning for a start, although currently on Chrissy break.

A CBR250R would be welcome.

There are also irregular other rides in the Brisbane region. Watch the rides forum for details.

Hope to see you there soon.

3. Welcome to the forum :)

4. Welcome!

5. Thanks all, it's appreciated. I'll keep an eye out for some rides. I gotta try to get to know the area. :)

6. If you feel like making a trip up to the Sunshine Coast (an hour North of Brisbane), I'd be happy to show you around the Glasshouse Mountains/Maleny area.

7. That'd be awesome, not for a couple of weeks but I'd be keen for sure.

8. Hey man, whereabouts in Brisbane are you?

9. Kedron.

10. Man, you're in the right area for some fantastic rides! - From Kedron you can ride out to The Gap and then go up Mt. Nebo, or you could ride to Samford Village and then to Mt. Mee, or you could ride to Mt. Glorious and then follow the Esk-Kilcoy Rd around lake Somerset, or...well, the possibilities are endless. Suffice it to say that you're in a spot that makes some excellent rides very accessible!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Awesome, i'll have to jot these places down and try and get out there sometime this week :). Hopefully I don't get lost.. ha ha

12. #12 Rainbow7, Dec 31, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
    You can get a good GPS from JB HiFi for around $100. Buy one.

Anyway, this is your playground:

NorthBrisbane_zps05eee3ad.

13.  Top
  14. Hi and welcome to Brisvegas.

There are a few groups around ... google away as I am not too familiar with the inner wrokings of any as I am a bit of a loner.

BTW on a Qld license you will have to be retested for an 'R' bike license if you want to upgrade ... or keep your NSW license and then swap it over after it goes open. Just a hint :)

15. Welcome to Netrider. :) I ride around the Gold Coast hinterland a fair bit if ya ever find yourself down this way and want a riding buddy or two.

16. Appreciate the feedback everybody.

I have my phone which I can use as a GPS but it might be safer to get a cheap one just for the bike.

I haven't even thought about the licence side of things yet.. I should probably look into that ha ha. Cheers.