Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just like making stuff

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' at netrider.net.au started by skins, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Hi all. I have had bikes, different types, for many years and still love just about anything to do with motorcycling. I raced buckets for a few years where most parts were hand made from scratch or modified OEM parts to suit. If you asked the other guys I was probably a better fabricator than racer. That was late 90's.
    My last big project was making my 1100 Virago into a slammed low rider, lane splitter c/w HD Vrod shocks. Since then I have made a motor cycle dolly/mover for my Roadliner, lay flat licence plate holder, S/S solo seat luggage rack and more.
    So if any one wants parts made or modified pls contact me. I have a full time job that pays well so this is not about drumming up business - I'm just an older guy that loves making sh*t, especially in stainless.
    Thanks.

I

• Like Like x 9
  2. Mmmmmmm, is that lay flat at the touch of a button?? ;)

I like blokes that make sh*t. Welcome.

3. #3 Goldenberri, Jun 10, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
    I prefer mild and Corten steel :D. Welcome to NR skinsskins .

4. G'day skinsskins, welcome to NR.

5. welcome aboard :]

6. Welcome.
    Yes, making can be fun, and sometimes frustrating.
    I just did some Stainless clamps to support a set of panniers.
    I'll put some photos onto 'what's been done to you bike today' soon.

7. Welcome!
    I think a lot of people would love to hear about your work, and to learn a few tricks :)
    can you post some pics up?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Welcome to NR I was just in another post where the guy was looking at being able to fit an aftermarket headlight to his ride. Suggested he look at finding someone who could make him some brackets from stainless then I see your intro. Tried to find the post again but on the phone it's a bit difficult hopefully he will find you.

9. Howdy skinsskins, welcome to NR.

Thanks, you are the man to know :)

10. Hmmm ... it would be nice to have my luggage racks re-made by someone who actually knows what he's doing ... symmetrical, lighter and rust-free. And you're just down the road. ;-)

11. Welcome Skins

Yep it was crembzcrembz Greggles.

12. Welcome skinsskins I recently joined here too, must say the community here is great! Just sent you a PM to see if you could help me out with some headlight bracket, then I noticed you're in QLD :(

13. Welcome to the forums skinsskins

Post some pics of your bike/s when you get a chance...

14. Wow. Thanks for the welcome. I'll stick some photos up in the appropriate sections when I figure it all out. Cheers