Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just joined

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Whitey, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Hi everyone,
    Finally joined as I have been browsing for the past month and am finally getting organised to join the two wheeled community. Booked in for learners at the end of the month so hope all goes well. On my way to getting safety gear & then finding the bike so I can get out and enjoy.

2. Welcome,

Got any ideas of what your leaning towards to invest some cash in?
  3. Welcome! Enjoy the netrider bunch of idiots :LOL: Apart from the compulsory nonsense, you will find a whole heap of good advice from many folks who are only too happy to help you get started on your biking lifestyle.
  4. Already have gloves & pants from Bikers Gear Australia. Shark RSF2 or Shoei helmet & RST Rift leather jacket seem to fit well. Will have to see what price they can be scored for.
    Bike will more than likely be a s/hand GS500.
  5. Hi Whitey. Welcome to NR and good luck going for your Learner's.
  6. Welcome to Netrider. Don't take any notice of what rossd says; everything here is conducted in the best possible taste.

7. Snork!!!! ^^

Yep, what he said! :LOL:

Welcome to NR Whitey :grin:
  8. Hi - best wishes. I recently joined netrider. The main reason I joined is that I was reading the posts here for ages before I decided on what bike to get.

Being "ah hem" a bit older - I really wanted to read all the safe riding tips and there are lots of them here from experienced riders.

Yesterday I rode from Melbourne to Goulburn and today to Sydney. I reckon there were at least 6 occasions when the tips I read meant I anticipated and avoided a potentially risky situation.

All the best
  9. Maaaate!! If that's taste I proudly join the ranks of the phillistines :LOL: :LOL: