Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

just had my first off

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by ckr83, Nov 21, 2006.

1. well guys and girls,
    just leaving work for lunch and had a ute coming towards me, i hit the front brakes out of panic and caught a bit of gravel. left the bike and rolled off.
    not major damage to the bike, only stratches on the fairings, cracked indicator, bent foot brake and sctratched muffler.
    to me, well thanks to my gloves and jacket only a a bit sore from impact, only had shorts on so a bit of skin off my knee. and of cause my pride. the guys at work are already calling me evil knievel

2. The front brake on gravel never a good mix.

Glad to hear you are OK - all part of the experience
  3. You learnt at least one lesson today, didn't you :wink:
  4. Alex, at the risk of again bringing up that subject, front brake and gravel and shorts is not a good mix either :LOL:
  5. Glad to hear you're up and about...

At least once you've done something once - chances are you'll be more wary of doing the same thing in the future...

Keep riding safe :grin:
  6. Paul, these points were what I was alluding to :cool: I was simply not wanting to take the risk :LOL:
  7. Every experience you survive you learn from. I am glad to hear you came thru with minimum harm.
  8. yeah well im wearing longs today and not putting my fingers anywhere near the front brake until im out on the road. :grin:
    i guess the thing that got to me is that it was at low speed and in the driveway... :(
  9. don't worry about it. Bikes are easily fixed and skin heals. At least you've gained some knowedge you can keep. :)

Plus, while many don't admit it, dropping it is a bit of a rush. You wouldn't do it if you can avoid it but we all know it's kinda fun. :wink: :LOL:
  10. +1

I don't know Seany, I will just take your word for it :LOL:
  11. No, but if you must wear your choice in protective gear, may I suggest one of these?

12. That is AWESOME!!! nice pic.... also sorry to hear about your off but we all do it... its all a part of riding you get used to it or you die either way it all works out.