Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just got told I will never have to pay a speeding fine again

Discussion in 'Politics, Laws, Government & Insurance' at netrider.net.au started by undii, Jun 2, 2007.

1. While meeting a friend today near the Exhibition Centre for a ride, we all were in our riding gear and some guy walks up to me and asks us "Do we ride motor bikes?" (Gee, well, nah, we are off to a fancy dress party :roll: ) Well after laughing and saying yes, he asked us if we never want to pay for a fine ever again. He then gave all 4 of us a card to a website which I'll put down, if it breaks any T&C's, feel free to delete this thread or edit the site out.

Just seeing what people's views are on this, crock of sh*t or hmmm, this is some damn handy book? Has anyone actually seen it?

http://www.aussiespeedingfines.com/

Googling the blurb at start seems to bring a few "Escape paying fines" type of sites... Sounds too suss to me but as the in(famous) quote "There's a sucker born every minute" Google of blurb at http://tinyurl.com/2pwhg6

*edit* maybe 80 of us put 50c in or something like that to see if it IS good or not? Just hate giving $$ to scammers.

2. $40 seems like just enough to perhaps to useful, yet small enough that you won't complain if it's not.

Scam.

3. And if you were still wondering...

Read the disclaimer.

Also, the WHOIS details are purposely hidden with fake details.

4. Have you not seen the google ads all over this site???

Makes me wonder what all the fuss about the google ads was earlier this week :rofl:

Scott Cooper, Aussiespeedingfines seems legit enough to me ;)

5. Nope, as I posted in the google thread (which got deleted) I have a way on the computers I use not to see google ads.

6. And I haven't actually gone over the web site so I have no idea who scott cooper is but the WHOIS is

Domain name: aussiespeedingfines.com

Registrant Contact:
    Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc.
    Whois Agent (ktypgvhx@whoisprivacyprotect.com)
    +1.4252740657
    Fax: +1.4256960234
    PMB 368, 14150 NE 20th St - F1
    C/O aussiespeedingfines.com
    Bellevue, WA 98007
    US

Administrative Contact:
    +1.4252740657
    Bellevue, WA 98007
    US

Technical Contact:
    +1.4252740657
    Bellevue, WA 98007
    US

Name Servers:
    NS85.MDWEBHOSTING.COM.AU
    NS86.MDWEBHOSTING.COM.AU

7. from the T&C of their website:
    :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

8. An american based company, whose directors remain anonymous even after you buy their product, claiming to know more about Australian law than an Australian lawyer, with a disclaimer that looks almost like something Lionel Hutz would write, advertised via google and business card drops?

Where do I sign?!

9. Anyone want to buy a bridge..........
    :LOL:
    Regards, Andrew.

10. He's an Australian, an Australian company and one who is based in Australia who's only way to remain one step ahead of Australian Authorities is to register a domain overseas where laws here in Australia would have him shut down quicker than you can hit the reply button, laws overseas see him able to provide Australians with a decent service. ;)

If the Authorities are actively chasing him to shut him down then there is merit in whatever he is selling, otherwise why would they bother chasing him?

11. No offence vic, but this is fishier than Footscray market on a Saturday. I don't see how selling this type of information will make you an outlaw. Australia may be bad in some respects, but it's not about to ship you to Guantanamo because you had some really well thought out methods on how to avoid a speeding fine. A more reasonable explanation for the international address is to defeat would-be claimants who simply cannot afford, or cannot be arsed, to try and get jurisdiction to sue an American company over $40.

If you're not paranoid, are they still after you?

12. dood, at the end of the day it's up to the end user as to what they will part their money for.

That is the explanation given to us when we asked the question.

13. Hey he got a spot on ACA, He has to be Legit :p

14. Heh, did you see what they said, or is it a future topic?

15. Or, like 6 of the 8 companies my group manages, he registered a .com domain in the USA because its quicker, cheaper, and the hosting and delegation service is of a higher standard. Look, I don't know the guy from a bar of soap, and care even less, but where he registered his domain is utterly irrelevant, hell, our TV production company had a Tuvalu domain (.TV) just because its cool.. :grin:

16. Now that's really going to depend on just which authorities are chasing him, and why. After all the "authorities" were after Christopher Skase for a while too but that didn't mean there was merit in Qintex shares ;) :p.

17. I don't know the value of their eBook, but if it kicks off a movement for change, it would be good. The trouble is, the change may come as new, more enforceable laws.

I love the links to statistics page for Victoria, which I have seen before (I also noted broken links to TAS and QLD documents. Taken down?) The RACV Road Toll page says:
    "Thirty percent of Victorian drivers killed had a BAC at or above 0.05 in 2005, a figure up on the previous five year average of 29% (2000 to 2004). The majority of these drivers had a very high BAC (above 0.15)."

How can a value of 30% be a increase over a five data point average of 29%? They don't even make their statistics look reasonable. :grin:

I also noted from a recent documentary that 2000 people die a year in Australia just from undiagnosed blood clots, often after surgery. You would think that the road toll would get a lower priority against statistics like that. Imagine all the other causes of death or injury that get far less attention.

18. Biggest problem with the statistics is that they often fail to take into account other factors - like increases in the number of registered vehicles. I mean you can easily have an increase in the number of fatalities, and the number of fatalities involving alcohol, but still have an overall reduction in the number of people killed over 0.05 as a percentage of the total number of road users.

19. Yawn.
    The above (about the fines) is the biggest load of crap I have ever seen.
    It would be thrown out by a court, it's unenforceable. My advice ignore it. And I havent seen the site, but my suspicion meter is on high!

20. Hate to disagree, (but I do it so well..... :p ), it's possible that the people "chasing him", are doing so for reasons other than his abilty to defaeat road laws...........

Purely my opinion, not meant to infer anything defamatory at all, and I could be dead wrong.