Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just got reversed into, need to replace fairings

Discussion in 'Maintenance and Servicing' started by fureien, Dec 6, 2012.

1. Hi Guys

I was waiting in traffic on a steep hill this afternoon and a van infront of me reversed into me
    I think he mustve gone into neutral or stalled and slowly creeped backwards
    I was close enough behind him that i wasnt in his mirrors and couldnt react fast enough

My front wheel got caught under his tail bumper and the bit of fairing that covers the wheel is cracked to pieces

He gave me his details to cover the repair costs. So theres no issue in that regard

However, how in the world do i go about getting this fixed?
    Where would i go in Sydney to replace this specific fairing? and should i get it mechanically checked as well (i dont think he damaged the front wheel)

I ride a 08' 250 ninja

Any help would be appreciated

2. I'd definitely get someone to check the wheel hasn't suffered any cracks/dents and make sure the forks are still straight. And get the van driver to pay for it.

Front mudguards you should be able to get from any Kawasaki dealer. It's not the cheapest option, but it's one that the van driver could never contest since it's a genuine replacement for what they broke. Aftermarket guards are plentiful, however if you wanted to fit something other than a genuine part it'd be wise to check with the van driver first since they would have every right to refuse to pay the full cost of say a carbon fibre Tyga guard (also doesn't seem much point in trying to save them money).
  3. wheel guard! thats the name

Thanks for the input, i will definitely get them to agree on what they are going to pay for first and try to get the wheel checked
  4. Yeah that would be a good idea. Some people can seem very nice and willing to help immediately following an incident - then turn into complete *&%$s later on when they've had a chance to talk about it with their friends/family (and start trying to shift some of the blame from themselves on to you).

Just keep your demands simple, and stick to them.
  5. This is why we filter.
    hope the repair goes well for you..
  6. just an update

got everything fixed and they paid me really promptly. Its a good thing it was a business i was dealing with an not an individual

cost be total of $220.20 at bikebiz