Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just got my R's!!! What to step up to now?

Discussion in 'Bike Reviews, Questions and Suggestions' started by Grrila, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Hi All,

Just got my R license on Sunday and am now stoked I can upgrade my little zeal with anything I want now!

I'm 182cm and 82kg's. Would love to have a super sport but I'm a little intimidated by the ride position. I could probably get used to it fairly quickly but if there are any super sports out there that would be alright to start on I'm happy to hear any suggestions.

Next best thing are the naked sports bikes. Really do like the street fighter look so what to get? I'm not commuting at the moment so it's just a weekend rider to mates places and doing the odd ride days through twisties.

I did my exam on a CB600 Hornet and quite liked it. Also sat on a KTM Duke 696 and really liked the seating on it (didn't get to ride it). Any suggestions welcome and I'd like to budget around 7.5k but will stretch it to around 10k if it's the type of bike I'll probably want to keep for more than a year. I could imagine I would want a litre bike in a year or 2.

2. I can't really offer much advice besides "Sit on them" but that's just common sense.

I'm just here to say good job and enjoy your opens :)
  3. Id say. get what ever turns you on , ride the hell out of it , then get something huge
  4. Just get a street triple and be done with it.
  5. A supermoto :)
  6. Bikes are like Pokemon ,You gotta collect`m all. or at least ride`m
  7. U cud just risk it n forget about lam bikes
    Just sayin