Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just got my rego renewal papers and an interesting brochure with it...

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' at netrider.net.au started by ad91on, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Not sure if it's been posted and sorry if it has.

But it looks like the RTA is now giving us a handy little brochure on choosing the right helmet with our rego papers.

"Safer motorcycle helmets - your guide to choosing and buying motorcycle helmets".

Inside it discusses fit, open/full face, australian standards. But what interested me was they have actually rated many popular helmets based on protection/likelihood of fitting/comfort for both commuters and tourers.

unsurprisingly the Shoei and Arais dominate. But it makes for an interesting reference.

Heres the link:

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/roadsafety/downloads/safer_motorcycle_helmets.pdf

I found it interesting and liked how it highlights the performance of better gear. At the very least it may put the thought into new riders minds that they had better protect themselves.

2. testing for comfort performed by a sample group of 2 riders.
    have to wonder the sample size of helmets tested.
    that's actually an ancient document which they appear to have reworked, merely by updating helmets avail in stores now.