Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just got my first bike

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by pete AU, Feb 5, 2006.

1. Hehe

what a great weekend

Just got my first bike. A Hyosung GT 250. I like the look of the bike without the fairings - also less of a hastle if it gets dropped.

It gets delivered next week - cant wait.

I think I got a good deal. I tried on a good few helmets and found the most expensive the most comfortable - i figure best to get the best I can afford. The retailer gave me a few hundred $ of a Shoei :). No chance on the price of the bike - they were selling like hot cakes.
  2. Congrats :)
    These seem like a really popular bike everybody seems to be getting the GT 250's
  3. Congrats on the new bike Pete !
  4. That's a pretty good summary of the feedback from others, too, Pete, you can gouge for a discount on gear, but don't expect the dealer to give anything on the bike; if you don't buy it at full price, someone else will.
  5. hee hee got mine first

Hi Pete,

Picked up my Black GT250 on Thursday, absolutley wrapped in it. :grin:

Love the naked look plus I just love sayinh that word :) Must say that people not associated with bikes say things like, "how do pronounce that or a hyo what?" :roll:

But people who know bikes generally are pretty complimentary about the make.

Anyway have fun and I look forward to swapping tales of how good the bikes are. :LOL:
  6. Hi Pete,
    congrats mate. they are a great looking bike. A close mate has also recently got one and i've had a couple of rides on it and i thought it was a very good bike indeed. Did you get it from Dale Britten (or whatever his name is) in Vic Park?
    and welceome to the forum. enjoy.

7. Congratulations Pete ;)

I think the GT 250 looks great :)

8. Yeah getting delivered from Brittans.

Chap seems like a nice bloke. Place was flat out.
  9. CONGRAT'S on the new bike
    oh how i wish for one for me ,but alas my time will come eventually.
  10. I pick up my shinny yellow GT250 on saturday :) .Peter stevens wanted $6330 on the road for a year but i said "hey, come on, you can do better than that" and he said "ok, how does $6000 sound" :) + 10% off any gear :)
    Cant wait for saturday to come now.
  11. mines yellow too :)
  12. Congrats on the bike mate! i, on the other hand, couldnt resist the fully faired :D how damn cool do they look? lol enjoy mate.
  13. I have just got my first bike as well. Not a brand newy like yours but I am just as happy.