Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just got back from first ride

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by ResmeN, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Hi guys,

Got my bro to ride the bike back home on it's 90km journey. Parked it in the garage and then put on all my new gear and took it round the block for a spin yesterday. Boy was I nervous & sweating. Stalled it a few times. Then left it back in the garage.

Geared up again and decided to ride it again at 7:30 pm visited my parents, sister, brother and a couple of mates & didn't get back home till midnight. Did probably close to 100kms and I have to say it is one of the most liberating & satisfying feelngs ever. At times I smiling fo no reason at the get up and go of the bike.

At the beginning it took me a while to get used to the gear but after that there were no problems. Made me think why I left it so late till I started riding. I am 28. The cb400 is so user friendly and listens & performs rider input perfectly. It's my first bike and I'm glad I chose it.

Just thought I'd share my first experience and also wanted to thank all of netrider as this website had been extremely useful in helping me to get on 2 wheels.

Oh also my L plate fell off whilst riding so I have to figure out a way of securing it on properly.

Thanks,

Ahmet

:biker::dance::biker::dance:
    :rofl:(y):woot:

:cool:

2. Congrats on getting a machine!

Be on your guard for cars trying to take your lane and trying to pull out in front of you!

Beyond that enjoy

3. Well done mate. I started riding late too, but that has not stopped me.
    Keep it rubber side down and have fun.

4. cable ties for the L plate i find really helps :]

5. I bolted mine to the hole in the license plate, hasn't fallen off since

6. Very jealous, love the CB400!

7. my L plate and now both my P plates (red and now green) have all been bolted to the number plate :)

8. That was the one and only L plate which I have lost so far. I'll probably look at doing the license test at the end of this year and will get rid of the plate for good : )

9. way to revive an old thread :p

10. I probably didn't post a reply any earlier as I was too excited for having a bike and riding.

Realised L/P plates falling off bikes were an issue back then and continue to be an issue for all new riders.