Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just finished my first long range experience

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by tyrelever, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Heya All,

Just wanted to share my first 400KM+ ride with you all.

I live in Pakenham (Vic) and ended up riding up around Lancefield, Bendigo etc for most yesterday and LOVED the twisties and open straights up that way!!

Lessons learnt? ZZR250 is a nice little bike..... but ended up with sore wrists, numb bum and sore right ankle where foot is bent forward a bit more than normal to sit just lightly on the brake peddle.
    Damn being tall on a 250. :p That being said riding on my mates cbr250rr was a testimony of how to be all squished up, back on the zzr it was like riding a big arsed cruiser :D

Was it all worth the small niggles? YELL YES!!!

2. Before long rides, I find doing a brisk walk, followed by leg and groin stretches make a massive difference to how I feel at the end of the day. Arm stretches wouldn't go astray either.

Thick winter gloves also are great for long rides, as they reduce vibrations a lot.

Also if I've been riding for a bit, I find if I stand up on the foot pegs while on a straight road and ride maybe for 2mins standing up, makes it feel more comfortable to sit down again for the next 10-15mins or so.
  3. Onya lever.

Gald you had a good time. And hey, if you enjoyed that ride on a ZZR250, you'd love it on the "middle brother" of the family, the ZZR600. I know the route you took, and the 600 was made for 'em. A bit bigger for those long in the leg, too...I'm 6 foot 3 and it's no worries at all.

Keep rackin' up those kays....