Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just did my first 20Ks - VSX650

Discussion in 'Cruisers' started by Nivek, Nov 28, 2007.

1. Took the plunge and have handed over the cash for a 2005 VXS650. What a feeling to ride on the road for the first time. Guess you guys (and gals) who have been riding for a while will have heard it all before but, my god, how good is it?

Had my brother ride it through the city (Sydney) and then I took over once we were on the M4 - nice and straight and I could get a feel for it. Didn't realise (stupid I know) just how different it is to being in a car with the windows keeping all the wind away..... After about 30 seconds, began to enjoy it and pick up speed. Noticed that the speedo is not working so, judging on the feel of the wind rushing past my ears, thought I was doing about 100. The P plater in the corolla that passed me made me re think it a little and I gave the throttle a bit more of a twist.... even changed lanes and passed a few cars.

Got home (Glenmore Park) by safely negotiating 3 roundabouts and even rode it into the garage... :cool:

If the sun is up at 6:00am, I'm taking it to work.... Can't wait to get my experience level up..... all those wasted years in a car.... :grin:
  2. Exactly how I felt when I got my licence this year, and the feeling gets better as you get more experience. Enjoy.
  3. My sister has one of those, a very civilised bike.

Just watch for compression lockup if you dont change down correctly.
    Dont want the back wheel stepping out do we!