Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just copped a Speed fine !

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by doonx, Apr 6, 2005.

1. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

76 in a 60, 3 points and $205

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

It says I was on Burke Rd in East Kew between Doncaster Rd and The Eastern Freeway, at 6:38pm on a Wednesday evening. I had only owned the bike for a week at that stage and can't for the life of me think why I'd be at that location at that time.

I hate these people !!!

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
  2. Get a copy of the photo then.
  3. That really sucks :(

If you're convinced that it's not you then I'd advise you go and get a copy of the photo. I've had a friend recently get charged for speeding and when the photo came up it was *clearly* not her, but a rather large man on a cruiser with the number plate so close to her that they sent her the fine!
  4. Get a copy of the photo. :?
  5. as above , it could be an error .
  6. I got one on the thursday before easter..

double demerits on green P's
    I have 1 point left. fcukers.

How long does it take for the points to come back? where do they go? are they safe? i miss them so : (
  7. 3 years !!!

They're DE-merit points which means you don't get them back, you just get them. You start with zero and when you've accumulated 12 points in a 3 year period (on full licence) you will lose your licence. On the 3rd anniversary of your infringement, those points will dissappear from your 3 accumulative total.

So you can't be missing those points cause they're the ones you've currently got !
  8. you get the points back after 1 year..

i get my 4 points back next year :(
  9. if your on a full license you get points back 3 years after losing them.
  10. Well, that's what you get for paying too much attention to your surroundings, constantly scanning for problems and watching what's going on on the road rather than having your face planted in your speedo :p

Oh hang on, that doesn't sound right.

Dirty bastards, Dooks, I hope its a mistake.
  11. I hope it's a mistake too Doonks!!

:D :D
  12. Did they have a car plate surround or you recognised them?
  13. Knew the car and driver.
  14. Doonks....move to another state....if everyone leaves Victoria...maybe the government will then get the message!....

15. I got done, although i was in my car In kew, $60 bucks for doing 63ks in a 60 k area boy was I pissed off // although, on my bike i have been lucky nothing yet , just a friendly wave from the cops (radar car) going in the opposite direction, thank god, mmmm I think it must be something to do with the bike I ride??
  16. 63 in a 60 high tight arse is that by the cops. You should hav argued over the 5% speedo error rule. There is some law the your speedo can legally be up to 5% out on actual speed and they can't book you if your speed is within this limit......that is why fixed speed cameras are set slightly above i.e. 85kmh for a 80 zone.
  17. hmm that's no good... I'd argue the above, that's seriously tight.
  18. no it was a fixed speed camera on the side of road, it would have cost me more than 60bucks to take it to court . then again I average around 100/130+ on my bike from melb to Cains, all i got was friendly waves from cops, Might have something to do with the bike i was riding?/