Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

just brought my second helmet.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' started by mick No:8, Nov 5, 2007.

1. I've been eyeing the KBC Airbourne #2 for awhile now and have read up on all the mix reviews, but still decided to buy it anyway due to the awsome graphic. On the net it was list as a KBC Force RR with the two massive air vent on the up. But my one is the VR-2 with the same nude chick, it also has the new padding and visor system. My other helmet is a Shark RSF2, first impression of the KBC is the nosie and the padding. The padding does not feel as good and hard as the shark and the Shark is alot more quieter at all speed. As I'm a sweaty person I find that the venting is alot better than the shark. I think I will wear the KBC while riding in the city/summer time and the shark for high speed ride/winter time.

2. Once again highlighting the perpetual problem that trying a helmet on in the shop is not the same as going for a ride in it. I know the shops can't do live demos of helmets, but it does mean that unlike most things we buy, we don't get to try what they are really like.
  3. Maybe bike shops should have a wind tunnel :)

I have a KBC Airborne Vr2 as well, nice lid!