Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just bought my first bike!

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Auscon, Jul 17, 2007.

1. Kawasaki GPX250, 2007 (second hand), ~650k, $5000

I know its probably a bit too much to spend on a first bike, but I don't know enough about bikes (and none of my mates ride) to be confident in buying privately, so was happy to pay a bit more to get it from a dealership.

Picking it up this weekend, can't wait!!

Anyone else here pretty happy with their GPX as a starter bike?
  2. Yes!

And it sounds like you got a sweet deal. :)
  3. Good stuff

come to mine when u want the cans chopped in half
  4. You cant really go wrong with a GPX. Look after it and it will look after you.
    When do you get your gear and insurance?
  5. I had a mate who had a GPX250 with 70,000kms on the clock. He rode from Canberra to Brisbane and back every month and the bike never missed a beat. They are tough as teak. Good choice.
  6. congrats, hopefully soon ill be in the same boat as you, well not necessarily with a gpx. but enjoy im jealous
  7. Checking out insurance before the weekend

Picked up a jacket and gloves a while back and got my helmet last weekend, so I'll be looking out for pants and boots, might be able to get an ok deal from the dealership when I grab the bike Saturday.

I rarely ever buy anything for myself so this will have been a rather expensive week for me
    - helmet, bike, insurance, remaining gear
    + mp3 player, tickets to 2 work balls, and nice seats for the Danny Green fight tomorrow night

My bank account wants to to drag me outside and beat me with a crowbar...good thing it can't afford one
  8. :LOL: Sounds like you're having fun with life at the moment. And congrats on the bike!
  9. I used to ride a GPX250R before upgrading to a ZX-636. Absolutely loved it! It is a great beginner bike, I have no doubt you'll enjoy it immensely. :grin:
  10. Was my first bike (then sv650 then zx6r now gsxr600). Good choice. I remember, I thought I was so fast and awesome on that little kawa! Mine had a full Muzzy exhaust, rejetted carbs and modded intake. sounded like a blender on speed. :LOL:
  11. You got a good deal considering what they are brand new including dealer delivery and registration charges on top of the $5900. Very good find indeed. Unless its got bad crash damage?