Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just another newbie

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Curiousity, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Hey all,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Sherileigh and I have just received my full licence not long ago.

I have joined to increase my knowlegde and improve riding skills with group rides. Look forward to learning from you all.

Sherileigh :grin:

2. Welcome to NR !!
  3. hello, fellow noob :)
  4. Hi Sherileigh and welcome to NR.

What bike do you ride??
  5. Hey Ned,

I currently ride a 250cc Ninja, going to upgrade to a triumph daytona as soon as i sell it. Hopefully soon. What are you riding?

Does netrider organise any meets specifically for new riders? I got a good mark when i went for my licence but i have little confidence, any suggestions to improve it? I ride whenever i get a chance and rarely to place i dont know.
  6. My ride is an SV1000, haven't done as many rides on it as I'd like, but hope to change all that soon!

Yes, Netrider does organise some great rides over some fantastic roads specifically catered for learners/newbies, offering plenty of assistance, even as far as having the more experienced riders put up their hand to offer their services as a mentor if you wish.

As for gaining confidence, first hand experience is your friend. Get out there in a variety of conditions (traffic, road type, etc) either on your own or with a riding buddy and go for it. Keep an eye on the Netrider group rides and come along, there're a friendly and helpful bunch of people, always happy to welcome new riders.
  7. Cheers Ned!
  8. Welcome :grin:
  9. thank you all for the welcomes!