Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just Another Newb Saying Hi.

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by patske, Feb 22, 2005.

1. Hey guys I'm another newbie, I came across your forum while doing the old google on some bike resources. I realised recently that my most realistic form of motorised transport will be a motorbike, I've been "into" bikes for a long time but I guess I have never had the "cohonez" to go out and get serious about getting one. My riding experience is 0 apart from a few goes here and there on friends trail bikes. I booked my L's test/course this week and if all goes well I should have a bike in a months time or so. I look forward to chatting with you guys and reading more of your very helpful posts. So after that long winded intro..... HI! :D
    Oh I'm also looking for a bike to buy soon my budget is limited but im really hoping to get enough for a second hand VTR 250 (by the looks of the post's on the forum this bike sounds awesome + I love the look and feel of it) has anyone got any tips on what to look out for on a 2nd hand VTR 250 namely how many Km's on the Clock is too much? Cheers. And thanks again for this excellent motorcycle resource.

2. welcome to the site patske

3. Welcome to the madness of NetRider Patske :)

4. my names Pat and im polish so somewhere along the way people at my highschool decided that all polish people's names end in "ske" hence the nickname... It's a bit lame but it's stuck for so long you can all call me Pat if ya like :D

5.  Top
  6. ahh thanks for the help Iffracem ;)

7. G'day Patske! Enjoy your time here and good luck with your test.

:D :D :D

8. Hello and welcome Pat.

Leanne :)

9. Hey Pat, welcome aboard. If you find a VTR and want a second opinion, I'm sure one of us will be able to assist you.

John

10. Welcome Patske, where are you booked in for you L's?
    Good luck with it.

11. Welcome and enjoy.

Good luck also eventhough you wont need it :D

Lisa :twisted:

12. I booked them at HART in St Ives Sydney. Flipper sorry for the late reply didn't realise.

13. Hi ya Pat,
    welcome to the forum and good luck with your Ls