Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just a small problem

Discussion in 'Technical and Troubleshooting Torque' started by Jez79, May 28, 2007.

1. Missing Odomoter Winder

Went for a ride to Kinglake on Friday, which was great, but when I returned, I noticed the winder off my odometer (the one that allows you to reset the trip km's) was missing.. Nothing to panic about but definitely want to replace it because I use it to calculate how much fuel left in the tank.

When I look in where it goes, I can see the brass coloured thread, where it looks like it comes from, and no broken plastic which might be good (meaning a new one should go straight in).

My question is how to replace this, because we tried just popping one out of another spada (Cheers Nice2Bnaked!) but it wouldn't pop out.

1. Do you have to pull them out or unscrew them?
    2. Are they universal?
    3. Does anyone have one I can have/buy? (happy to pay postage)

Cheers in advance.

2. Well, if there's a thread in there, something must screw into it!.
    Haven't got a Spada so I can't help you with parts, but the one on my Trumpy (which I have lost once ) has a small brass screw go through it. Is there a hole in the middle of the winder for a screw (maybe hidden beneath a cap?).
    Dealer should have a parts catalogue that gives you the answers.
  3. All sorted, ordered one from spares.
  4. All sorted, ordered one from spares.
  5. Get some blue loctite and put the tiniest amount on the threads before you screw it back on. This way it'll never happen again.

Regards, Andrew.
  6. There is a TINY :)lol: !!) screw that runs down the plastic tube and screws into the metal shaft. You will need a jeweller's screwdriver to do it up, and I would NOT recommend that you Loctite the new one in, because with the small amount of torque available with such a small screwdriver, you will never be able to get it undone again. The replacement knob should come with the screw as part of the part #, if you know what I mean.
  7. Thanks for the responses guys, and yeah it comes with a small screw, so should be all sorted..

Thanks again..