Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just a reminder, for those in Melb in this heat.....

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Peanuts, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Don't park your bike on the asphalt in this heat. Find some concrete or something else hard. I found out the hard way last summer and that was only a 32 degree day, that asphalt melts and bikes fall over! :cry:

2. easy solution, take a cage, its got that thing called aircon :grin:
  3. Or bring a crushed aluminium can or small (thin) piece of plywood or plastic disc to put under the foot of your sidestand, in order to spread the weight of the bike over a greater area. :)
  4. NEVER!!! :grin:
  5. Great tip Spots!! :grin:

How'd you get so wise so quickly? :p
  6. . . . and if you are riding, don't forget to drink lots of water. You will dehydrate very quickly.
  7. Thanks Peanuts, duly noted :grin:
  8. Good onya Peanuts, u tell him!!!!!
    Now I just needa get a bike myself lol
  9. I have one of these on my side stand which has much more surface area for dirt and in this case, melting ashphalt.

10. Ooh, that's pretty nifty :cool:
  11. My bike has aircon, it's called a zip :p
  12. lol enjoy your 43 degree aircon :p
  13. didnt u melbournites cop this heat last year also, 1 week of over 40 deg or was that adelaide
  14. It does go over 40 on an annual basis. The newspaper and hydrocarbon fwits want you to believe its global warming so always like to have articles on "the hottest summer in 10 million year" :roll:
    Stupid Fnuts.
  15. off topic, u done a review on your bike yet, interested in your views...
  16. transformer
    off topic, u done a review on your bike yet, interested in your views...