Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just a quick G'Day!

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Blues, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Just thought i'd give a quick GDay as I have jsut bought my first road bike! (VTR250)

This site has been a great source of information, which helped me make a decision on the bike and riding gear I went for.

I hope as i grow more experienced I can offer some usefull advice!
  2. Welcome to the site, Hope you enjoy your stay.
    Good bike choice, You say its your first road bike, have you ridden dirt bikes/others much before?
  3. Welcome Aboard Blues !
    +1 .. good bike choice
  4. I've found that you don't have to be useful if you are funny. Not talking about myself of course, I'm in the grey middle area where I'm not really funny and not really useful.

Welcome and ride safe
  5. G'day Blues, welcome to NR.

So have you got the Blues, follow the Blues or listen to the Blues? :LOL:

Nice choice of bike BTW>
  6. welcome to NR.

Glad youre part of the Honda frat, go the mighty cbr125 :twisted:

nah jokes the VTR is a nice bike
  7. Thanks for the welcome guys!

Blues is for the Great Carlton Football Club, who at the moment may be supporting the leauge, but are only seasons away from showing the rest what tradition, history, class (and a few round 1 draft picks :) can acheive!

** Waits for the rocks to stop being thrown **

Etelmo - this is my first bike, have done a wee bit of off road riding but always on mates bikes, which gave me a small taste. I drive at the moment 45 minutes to work, which was taxing fuel and patience, and have always wanted to get into riding. Had a day off, walked past a licensing centre - did the learners permit and the rest is well - history!

I now get to work in 35 minutes, with a smile on my face, though must admit i watch the clock a lot more closely, looking forward to the ride home.
  8. Welcome, mate. (even if you are a c*rlton supporter).

Yep, makes the commute fun doesn't it??. and I get to work awake.
  9. Welcome to the board Blues. It's good to have another Carlton supporter over here in WA. Are you in Perth? I'm from Rockingham (Mt Druitt by the sea).
  10. We (Carlton) actually have a great following here in W.A.

Oldie, I live in Swanbourne, jsut north of Fremantle, and while riding my bike in headed down your way a few times - in fact heading down that way tommorow, with the fine weather and all im considering a day trip to Busselton.

Maybe a trip to a county pub to watch a blues match later this season is in order? :grin:
  11. Just for you;

There was a Blues fan with a really crappy seat at a Football game. Looking with his binoculars, he spotted an empty seat at the front of the stand. Thinking to himself "what a waste" he made his way down to the empty seat.

When he arrived at the seat, he asked the man sitting next to it, "Is this seat taken?" The man replied, "This was my wife's seat. She passed away. She was a big Carlton fan." The other man replied,"I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. May I ask why you didn't give the ticket to a friend or a relative?"

The man replied, "They're all at the funeral."

12. And a happy Blues fan he would have been today!

Thats a great one Birdman!
  13. Yes, a good lead all the way.
  14. Any day Collingwood gets beaten is a great day.

:LOL: Nice one Birdman.