Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just a mirror for...

Discussion in 'Non-Bikes' at netrider.net.au started by Ljiljan, Jul 23, 2012.

1. [​IMG]

2. That is so cool... where is this? I was so taken with the road, i almost missed the bird

3. Chilli pepper's reference?

and i miss doing the open road runs...even road trip style in the car they were still good when going down to mildura or out to broken hill..

nice picture.

4. You've got no idea how cool it was mate, you really don't. It was amazing.

It had been raining most of the morning, the rain had stopped 10-20 min before and the clouds were just melting. The sun came out (around 9am) and the whole road just completely lit up in bright gold. Never seen anything like it. Having the sun in shot kinda destroyed all hopes of it being good quality, already significantly hampered by being a phone cam.

Somewhere around here I reckon. https://maps.google.com.au/maps?sad...A;FZjtDf4dZihQCA&mra=dme&mrsp=1&sz=8&t=h&z=10
    Yeh, it's the bird that really makes the pic.

No, it's a Chili Pepper's reference.

Yeh. I love driving like that. It's great. Only ruined by dicks trying to take you're license away from you. Didn't worry about cops in SA (except that I wasn't sure if they do on-the-spot suspensions, so for a while out of Burra I didn't push it too much - particularly with the rain and all. But once it dried out I flogged the Echo to the border, between 160-170 (tops out at 170) the whole way (except for when I worked out the beat up 4wd I was about to blow past at 50+ over was a cop).
    Here's a hint: when you're going a long way out of town make a stop in at the local spanner and ask him about HWP on the road ahead. At Broken Hill was told to watch for a red or yellow car. Saw the yellow one five k's out of town on it's way back in, figured they wouldn't have two cars on the same Hwy when there are four to choose from and made a beeline for Cobar. Including a breakfast stop in broken hill, made 800k's in tad under 6.5 hours.

5. Thanks for sharing this picture Lilley.

This might be a sappy thing to say, but knowing places like that are out there waiting for me to find, makes me very glad I took the steps to learn to ride.

Lee

6. Yeeeesssss, Trust me when I say this is one of the ones you want to be driving for. I'd reckon the best places are off sealed roads. It's those you want a bike for.

• Like Like x 1
  7. agreed....being able to speed aside...the open road especially out to broken hill can be a giant head****....countless kilometre's of open land...no house's no mountains...just...fields as far as the eye can see and the straight road going on seemingly forever.

8. fair way from home by the looks lilley

9. Yeh, was out on a small farm at Marabel.

10. Travelled that road many times, friends have a property north of Yunta.
    Nice photo.

11. Let's go get lost - Just a mirror for the Sun.......

Just a mirror for the Sun

• Like Like x 1
  12. Greatest Hits - Best driving album ever. Except for maybe Hotel California. hmmm.

13. Nah - Smashing Pumpkins - Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness:: Epic road tripping album.

14. Mmmm, don't know any of those, any Frank Sinatra?

15. oh...this has turned into a road trip music thread now?

sublime - greatest hits.

of course artists like the venga boys would always make an appearance - a car full of people hammering along the highway in 35 degree heat singing about the venga bus coming was always entertaining.

hate to say it but these days as my taste seem's to have changed i'd probably opt for a 3rd of john williamson's song's

oh ! and offspring - smash.

oh...shit...i forgot the be all n end all for road trip music...led zeppelin greatest hit's.

+1 to abit of old franky ....but he's more something i'd enjoy on vinyl at home on the quadrophonic.

16. Vinyl, quadraphonics, ah nostalgia.

17. I would have gone Ixnay on the Hombre.

18. Faaarrrkkkkk yeah.
    Man that takes me back - second album I ever bought......