Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Just a hello to introduce myself

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' at netrider.net.au started by confucius, Dec 7, 2008.

1. Hi all, didn't see a sticky introduction thread so thought I'd just post to say g'day.

I just passed my learners test through HART today. Not sure if any of the posters around here are HART trainers, but I seriously had some of the best guys during the weekend.

I dropped the bike a few times and although I was fine, my confidence really took a hammering for the minutes following, but they were extremely encouraging and patient. I even thought about not taking the test and going home, but after careful listening to their tips, and really thinking about my technique and actions helped and I managed to pass!

Still under no illusions about my readiness for the road though, so I'll be reading these pages a lot. Please don't mind if I don't post much to start off with, I don't think I'll have much to add! More reading and learning.

Unfortunately my cousin stacked his bike a fortnight ago, so now I don't have a bike to practice on before I buy my own or go for my licence.

Big big setback.

Look forward to learning more from everyone.

2. Welcome, mate

3. Hi Confucious and Welcome, there is a welcome thread Here but don't worry. Hope you can find a bike soon, the best learning is to get out there and do it so don't leave it too long before you get a bike if you can.

4. Cheers guys, I'll re-post this in the right spot.