Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Jun 22, 2013] Half day ride south (Sydney)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Snapey, Jun 9, 2013.

Half day ride south
Start Date: Jun 22, 2013 09:00
End Date: Jun 22, 2013 13:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Southern Sydney
Heathcote Maccas
Sydney NSW

Posted By: Snapey

Confirmed Attendees: 3
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 3
The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. #1 Snapey, Jun 9, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    There don't seem to be any rides on the 22nd June so let's see if there's any interest in a ride south on that date.

The ride will leave Heathcote Maccas at 9.00am (was 10.00am) on Sat 22/6/13 stopping at the Robertson pie shop for food/coffee. The map below will show the route from there to the M5. My part of the ride will terminate on the M5 at Henry Lawson Drive but in reality once we hit the expressway at Narellan Rd you're on your own. http://goo.gl/maps/TrQKh

It's probably not a ride for learners or tentative P platers as some of the roads might be a bit difficult but if you feel confident you're very welcome to come. There is also a shallow creek crossing that might scare an inexperienced rider. All roads are tar but some are rough.

Edit:- The start time for this ride has changed to 9.00am from 10am.

2. I should be good for this one, just depends if anything comes up between now and then.
  3. Hi Peter!! Long time no hear. I'll keep this date free too....
  4. Are there any more than the 4 of us?
  5. A lot of people don't reply so the numbers aren't known until start time. Could be 5 or 15. Maybe the creek crossing statement put off a few starters. It's actually a causeway about 2" deep, 5 metres across & very picturesque.
  6. @Snapey , very keen to do this ride but unfortunately, I need to be in the city by 3pm, which would be tight at a 10am start.

Enjoy the ride.
  7. Yeah I'm thinking along the lines of an earlier start, say 0800 or 0830 maybe? I have to be home by 3 aswell.
  8. #8 Teamsherman, Jun 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2013
    And i drove past the Pie In the Sky pie shop on sunday on my way home from the Kangaroo Valley, and i think it took about 1.5hours from there back to my front door in Panania. The roads in and out look awesome!! A little creek crossing never hurt anyone!! (disclaimer= except this one) Which as you can see I had to winch myself out, but not before having to ford the water up to my waist in melted snow freezing cold water! Ended up having to drive home in my undies!!!

Completely off topic here but slightly on topic:

The entrance to the creek was usually just big river stones and the creek was only ever about 1 foot deep if that, and from the recent flooding in the Brindabella's at the time the thing was flowing fast so alot of sand from upstream had whirlpooled and settled in the fording entrance and even with my brand new at the time BFGoodrich KM2 Mud terrain tyres on, I ended up stuck on my belly from the amount of sand. To safely get across the water the winch rope is Dyneema so its a very super strength rope (and this one is rated to 18,000lb) so being as flexible as normal rope i tied it around my waste and walked sideways faceing up stream so if i did lose my footing the fulcrum of the winch at the bullbar would have pendulumed me back on the left hand shore as seen in the picture, but luckily i kept solid footing and got the rope across to pull us out. Once we skull dragged the car over the sand, coming back out the opposite way was easy as i had gotten rid of all the sand that had collected in the entrance. The cabin filled up with about 6 inches of water that took a good 4 or 5 weeks to dry out!!! That winch saved my arse a few times thats for sure, and for a 12,000lb winch with 18000lb dyneema rope at only $900 delivered, its one of the best things ive every purchased for that car!!!

But, the car is up for sale very soon, so If anyone wants more info just PM me.

9. By popular demand the start time at Maccas is now 9.00am. It's only a little over 3 hours for this ride so those needing to be elsewhere by 3pm should be there.
  10. The start time for this ride has changed to 9.ooam (was 10am)

I hope no one is inconvenienced by this.
  11. Sounds awesome, count me in!!

Come on Joseph, you know you want to!!!
  12. You'll be home well before 1.00pm Joseph.
  13. Ha! Peer pressure.

If we'll be done at 1pm, does that mean you guys aren't anticipating a lunch break? A pub meal would be tops!
  14. Sorry mate, no pub meal this time. Apparently a few blokes have to be home early.:)
  15. Bahahahaha coming from the lady in the corner that needs to be home by 3??? No wait, that was me too................................ (n) :rofl:
  16. sounds good peter a short 3hour ride count 2 more in cheers
  17. I should have my bigger capacity Gopro battery's by the weekend too so hopefully get the whole ride on video and edit out the other 2:55mins!! Lol
  18. I should let this one go through to the keeper but I can't.

Debra, It would take you 3 hours to get to Heathcote ... that's if you could find the GPS.
    Dale, That woman's a computer menace. See you out the front.
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Question 1. Ever been water damaged? :)

Question 2/3. Are you Spanish? If you are going to knock that over in three hours, can I be TEC?

See you Sat at Maccas Heathcote.