Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Jun 18, 2016] A welcome for an epic adventurer (stanwell tops)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by icemaker, Jun 15, 2016.

A welcome for an epic adventurer
Start Date: Jun 18, 2016 08:00
End Date: Jun 18, 2016 17:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Bald Hill headland reserve
bald hill headland reserve
stanwell tops

Posted By: icemaker

Confirmed Attendees: 4
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 4
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. #1 icemaker, Jun 15, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2016
    As some may know, ValvolineValvoline is coming to town (Wollongong/Sydney) this weekend and there is a ride being planned to show her some of Sydney's better roads this coming Saturday.

The plan is to ride from Wollongong and head up along Lawrence Hargraves Drive to Bald Hill and proceed through the Royal National Park. From there we'll continue north, over the Harbour Bridge and onto the Old Pacific Hwy and scout out a couple of 'Big' things for ValvolineValvoline to tick off the list. Once everyone has done their best blue steel pose we'll head toward Spencer and Wisemans Ferry, and depending on time, head over to Sackville following the roads beside the river.
    Google map here - https://goo.gl/maps/dcRmcqrUr6z

Meet points will be the BP at Princes Hwy Fairy Meadow for any southerners, Bald Hill and Pie in the Sky. Times are up in the air atm as it depends on who wants to make the trek to Bald Hill and where their coming from but I wouldn't want to leave much later than 8:30am. I'm thinking this will be a fairly casual and relaxed ride but if numbers are huge we will probably need to use the corner marking system. This can be discussed as we get closer to the day.

And now for the weather, its not looking good :(. So if everyone can please do their best sun dance or sacrifice something to appease these ferocious weather gods, it would be greatly appreciated!

But just in case the gods ignore our efforts, keep an eye out here for updates and as to whats happening.

2. That weather.....
    I have a different ride planned, but not looking promising.
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have to work til 4:30, but if it's not raining I'll jump on the bike and fire off to a pub dinner? I'll keep an eye on this to see what happens
  4. me = sugar baby, I mean, the chillibabe doesn't like me riding in the rain (did I get it right this time 69SIM69SIM?)

sorry but me no go if raining. if not raining then the chance of me appearing is 85%.

sounds like a great ride and I would love to be a part of it all things going good!
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. dude
    she is hot
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. the chance of me appearing now 95%
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. ramp it up to 100%
    she is worth it just for the chat
    • Like Like x 2
  8. just playing hard to get lol
  9. Haha that's it chilliman64chilliman64, don't give it all away up front :p
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. I have a few pending Dad commitments that might impact. Tentative for now. Might end meeting up at Berowra 7-11 to make things work.

I support the lunch / dinner thing if the weather does not play along.
  11. Thanks for organising the event icemakericemaker :) awesome!
    Sounds good; what ever the route planned....:geek:(y)

In regards to the weather: I am not sacrificing another skippy to the weather gods to help the cause :borg::bored:

Sunday will most likely be a write off so can do social event or two then. :cool:

uncle greguncle greg; babe, who? Hot? Bwahaha I'm about as hot as VIC riding in the winter. :rolleyes:

chilliman64chilliman64 bring your chillibabe along! Partners should be more than welcome.

GeorgeOGeorgeO you can't not come ! Lol I owe you a large, frothy, almond milk latte with vanilla syrup & cinnamon powder! Lol
    • Funny Funny x 2
  12. Hahahahahaha hazelnut vanilla double decaf latte with almond milk and half an equal.

I've got a leave pass Saturday eve weather pending. Working Sunday but around after 4:30 for netrider activities.

ValvolineValvoline if you need a place to stay Saturday night drop me a line and I'll have something organised for you :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. I'm putting a maybe with chances of attendance up around the 90% unless its raining a bucket load. SibiSibi has to do some kid related stuff unfortunately so she is out. Sunday though we would be available for a lunch do.
  14. How many times must I repeat this?

Double Decaf Skimmed Flat White with frothed Almond milk. And one equal.
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. yeah I'm not sure at this stage, no kids but have a family 'do' which might get in the way of having fun this weekend
  16. You need to make that your Netrider signature GeorgeOGeorgeO ;)
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. I'm so excited for you ValvolineValvoline, you're going to meet some top people and ride some of our nice roads, hope the weather holds out. As 69SIM69SIM pointed out I can't make it but if there is a social gathering on Sunday daytime (no pressure!) I'll get a chance to say hi! Have fun :)

Edit: boy do I hope GeorgeOGeorgeO comes along and is finally forced to drink the concoction he calls coffee! :wtf:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. If you are looking at a 8.30 ish depart from Bald Hill on Sat morning I might be able to head down and then back up through the Park but have to bail back out near home.

Then again after one East Coast Low weekend, then a Double Demerits weekend I really need to see if my bike still starts...
  19. I still think it's easier to ask for used dishwashing water.
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  20. I was thinking of going for a blast up Old Pac on Saturday anyway so would be up for joining you guys. Only if it's dry though, my tyres don't do wet I am afraid.
    • Like Like x 1