Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jumping the gun a bit

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by Comrade, Nov 5, 2010.

1. HI All,

Jumping the gun a bit but hopefully will be a licensed learner on the 14th of November.

After years and years of saying I'll go for it, finally booked in with HART at Somerton. in my 30's now and just thought if i don't do it now, I probably never will.

Never ever ridden a motorcycle in my life so hopefully will pass and will be making use of the netrider community practise sessions, night outs and most importantly a mentor.

I'm in Coburg, so would be very interested in hearing from newbies and potential mentors close by. I imagine my first few times out will be very local!

Hope to join you again as an actual rider (Finally!!)

2. Welcome!
    Hey, I'm a 43 year old female and I have just completed the learners course at HART ...... and....I passed! So, if I can do it, so can you. They actually make the training really easy and those instructors are very patient.

Get out there and enjoy it, you will have a blast, I promise!
  3. Hi Comrade and welcome - the guys at HART are great, they'll get you thru the L's and you'll be on the road in no time.
  4. sup

enjoy the ride
  5. welcome mate
  6. Welcome to NR :D Enjoy !!!
  7. Greetings Comrade and welcome to NR.

Once you have your licence and want some mentoring stick your name down in the mentoring thread and someone will lend a hand. If no one else closer offers I will try to lend a hand.
  8. Its never too late. There's plenty here (like me) who started out much older than you.

Welcome to the forummm
  9. Welcome on board and good luck with your l's on the 14th. After you get them if you want to go for local rides and need a riding buddy shoot me a pm and we'll meet up.
  10. Welcome in Comrade!!!

Good luck with the test next weekend, look forward to seeing you out and about soon.

11. Welcome! Good luck in your test!
  12. Welcome, as Rez said shoot me a pm if you want to go for a ride when you get your L's.

13. Thanks FreeForm and Rez, I appreciate the offer. All i have to do now is pass the test and buy the bike ( looking at a vtr250, i know how original!!!)

And thanks for the welcome everyone! You all seem like a mega friendly bunch.
  14. At least it's not a GS500 D:

[welcome to the forums]
  15. What's wrong with a GS500? >.>
  16. Hart in Somerton is where I got my L's near 2 months ago and they were pretty tops.

I had never ridden before and I passed pretty easily so I'm sure you'll do good.

Good luck and I hope to see you on the roads soon!
  17. Haha, it's the king of unoriginal bikes at Sydney's learner sessions, even more so than the VTR250.
  18. Lol should have known! My ex rides one....
  19. Yeah heard great things about them.

The forecast for this weekend is absolutely Sh!t house however. Rain Rain and more Rain (i'm hoping the BOM have it all wrong). So hopefully will still be fun.
  20. Grrrrrrrr , the GS500 is a great looking bike , specially in black :)
    just get a look at mine in my link below ,