Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jumping on the newbie Bandwagon

Discussion in 'Welcome Lounge' started by bigbird, Jan 17, 2007.

1. Hi all, I've Lurking for a couple months and thought it was about time I set my post count to 1. I am coming back to motor bikes after a twenty year break. I rode mostly Yamaha two strokes in the 80's. I gave it up when I sold my LC 350 to come to Australia. I always intended to buy a motor bike in Australia but life got in the way. I clicked over 40 last year and my "mid life crisis" has told me "it was time" so I got my Ls and bought a Suzuki Across to ease my self back into the groove. I thought by now I would have matured and ride sensibly but once I throw my leg over a bike my brain shrinks and I find my self doing the same stupid things I used to do when I was younger. I am trying really hard to be mature (honestly!).

Thanks in advance for any welcome messages but really there is no need to say "Hi". Thanks to the forum I already feel Like I know you all you all in a strange Voyeur/Stalker kind of way.

2. Lmao... :rofl: Welcome.... :grin:
  3. So who's stalking whom??

Welcome anyway :).
  4. Welcome :grin:
  5. I started out with an Across, and I'm trying my absolute best at some level of maturity too. Oh well!
  6. Welcome bigbird - see you at coffee
  7. You're welcome for the welcome and won't say hi then :)
  8. Welcome Bigbird.
  9. Greetings Bigbird :grin:
  10. Hello and welcome Bigbird. :)
  11. Hi Bigbird!

Hi Bigbird! I suffer from the same 40's ish wont grow up mentality. Out on a quick spin the other night saw 180 k on the speedo! Ooops
  12. I grew up watching you on sesame street so I guess I feel like I know you too :shock: :grin:
  13. [​IMG]

Welcome! :LOL:
  14. Heres another "Welcome back to the pack ol' man" pat on the back. :cool: