Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jumping on the learner practise bandwagon

Discussion in 'New Riders and Riding Tips' started by Iffracem, Jan 31, 2005.

1. Cos I'm down in Hobart, and keep reading with envy how you North Islanders keep organising coffees, rides, and various other shenanigans, I thought I might as well try to start something down here.

So... it took ages to find a relatively clean carpark, without loose gravel, lots of people or tintops parked everywhere. Eventually found one outside a cemetery :shock:

Marked out a heap of stuff, slalom, 6 metre u turn, right(left) turn etc.
    So anyone here from southern tas who wants to practise, give it a go, it's just outsider the Kingborough Cemetery, just past the Kingston Sports Centre.

2. You're better off coming on a ferry over here :LOL:

3. Hold your tongue Jimi until you've seen the roads over there.......un-freaking-believable........we might have the upper hand in regards to coffee nights and other events but once as tasmanian has a firm grasp on how to ride the bike you probably won't find better roads anywhere.

Iffracem, good move!

You might like to post up on this forum as well, there are a few people down there that are starting out and also a few level heads as well.
  4. Hmmm, risking the anger of any real Taswegian here (aah bugger 'em, might get a few to actually post a reply!!) I'm not actually a Native of this Island, I only have one head, and it's not pointy at all. :shock:

I came down 7-8 years ago for what was going to be a working holiday, and stayed. Generally a wonderful place, friendly people, weather isn't as bad as you might think, excellent roads and so far, no silly knee jerk reactions re: road rules etc.

Only bad thing about the roads is the large amount of wildlife, which means higher than average road kill :( , that means incredibly bad smells invade your helmet :-&

I've found some taswegians from the north end who are willing to go for the occasional tour, but 270 k's is along way to go for coffee on an across :shock:

5. pffft to the ferry... I need a bridge!

6. have you got in contact with the Doctor on twincams?
    X913 from tassie ?
  7. well thats stuffed you ,
    you cant get into bellreive oval on the family pass like the rest of tasmania :LOL: :LOL:

8. HA :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yeah, got onto x913, we're organising a coupla things, trouble is, he's up inceston (launceston :p ) way... A fair ride from me.

You'd think all these insults would get a coupla taswegians biting :?

9. it wont be long :LOL: :LOL:
  10. fellow islander

GRRRRR! You have angered a real Tasmanian - I just happen to live in Sydney now. And I don't consider Tassie roads fantastic I just consider most other roads crap - I have high standards.
    Good to see you appreciate the place and live at the good end though.
  11. WoooHooo I gotta bite!!!

Yeah, I love the place, won't be moving again for a loong loong time

esp not to Sydney