Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Jul 6, 2013] Short notice to the Ellalong pub (Sydney)

Discussion in 'NSW' started by Snapey, Jul 3, 2013.

Short notice ride to the Ellalong pub
Start Date: Jul 6, 2013 08:00
End Date: Jul 6, 2013 16:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Wilberforce Shell
535 Wilberforce Rd
Sydney NSW

Posted By: Snapey

Confirmed Attendees: 1
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 1
The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. #1 Snapey, Jul 3, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2013
    The weekend weather looks like being good so i'm doing my usual Putty ride this Saturday 6th July to the Ellalong pub for lunch & thought some of you might like to see some more of the roads less travelled. I want to leave the Wilberforce Shell (was Caltex) at 8.15am, fuel at Singleton then a few back roads to Ellalong. Wollombi & the old road to Berowra. Once at Berowra i'm going the expressway & Pennant Hills Rd home. Sorry but it's not a ride suitable for learners.

2. Good roads, weather perfect and good company.

3. Bloody cold early but it is winter I suppose.;)

There were four of us (1xSV1000, 1xCB1000 & 2xGSX1400's) at the Wilberforce start point for the ride to the Ellalong pub where we were to meet a couple of guys from the GSX1400 club for lunch. Flickering sun through the trees was a bit of a pain making it difficult to find the apex of a lot of corners, but once out of the trees we could all enjoy the wonderful Putty Rd. Coffee at the Grey Gum Café & fuel at Singleton then off to Ellalong via some picturesque back roads, although the countryside isn't at it's best right now. It's a shame we can't get more people on these rides but the ones who go seem to enjoy themselves.

Thanks to Mick from the SV site we also have a couple of photo's. He had a GoPro stuck to the back of his helmet that took a pic every ten seconds ... glad he used a good quality double sided tape.:)

Ellalong Pub

To get to Ellalong we had to go past the Bulga Pub (too early, wasn't open)

Two of the random ten second pics from the Putty
  4. Great photos! Hopefully I can come along for the next one. I've been itching for a ride but can't :(