Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Jul 4, 2015] 35th Annual Icicle Ride (Little River)

Discussion in 'VIC' started by GreyBM, Apr 25, 2015.

35th Annual Icicle Ride
Start Date: Jul 4, 2015 18:00
End Date: Jul 5, 2015 00:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

BP Service Centre
Geelong and Great Ocean Road Visitor Information Centre, Princes Fwy
Little River 3211

Posted By: GreyBM

Confirmed Attendees: 9
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 9
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":

The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Registrations for this year’s Icicle Ride have now opened.

For those who don’t know the Icicle Ride is an annual event run by the BMW Motorcycle Club of Victoria. It is a night time ride held in mid-Winter and can be done either as a self navigate ride from instructions given on the night or by following designated ride leaders.

Stating the obvious, this is not a ride for novice riders and it is usually cold so dress warmly.

This year’s ride of about 300 Km will commence at the BP Service Centre on the Princes Fwy (M1) Geelong bound near Little River – just before the Avalon Airport exit. (Melway Map 181 D12). This is about 40 minutes from Melbourne. The ride will finish within an hours ride of Melbourne.

The entry fee will include an Icicle Ride badge and a soup stop. All profits from the event will be donated to the Royal Flying Doctor Service.

You can register before the night online or download an entry form and post it to the club. You can also simply roll up and register on the night for a slightly higher fee.

The event starts at 6 pm but check in and registration on the night will open at 4 pm. You need to be there at least an hour before the start to ensure you are fuelled, registered and in time for the ride briefing. In past years a number of people arrived late, and the start was held off to accommodate which pushed the finish time back too late. This year the ride will start on time. So be there early.

Please also note the finish time is approximate. Two years ago a bunch of riders who got lost and this group finished about 2 am.

More information and links to online registration can be found on the BMWMCCVic Website.

There is a prize for the Club which the most attendees and Netrider held this for a several years in a row, up until three years ago. Last year we missed out by about two participants and we were down two entries due to last minute mechanical issues, one of which occurred on the way to the start. The year before that we may have had the most entries but a number of people didn’t register Netrider on their entry form, so don’t forget to do that where they ask for your club. So with just a few more Netriders, taking out this prize is quite possible.
    • Like Like x 10
  2. Great event, it was true to its name last year.

GreyBMGreyBM Unsure if I can get time off work for it this year. :(
  3. yep I will be there
    that's if my radiator doesn't drop its guts half way to the meet
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Me me me *waves hand in air
    • Like Like x 2
  5. I'm registered. (And as a Netrider). 1st time for me. Should be an experience.

Another slab up Geelong road :poop:
  6. Good on you GreyBMGreyBM for rallying the troops! There in spirit for a great cause.

This is a smiley free post
    • Like Like x 1
  7. i was just thinking about this the other day, must figure out how to wire an electric blanket inside my jacket....

Uncle GregUncle Greg Man it'll be cold enough for air cooling!
  8. I missed last year and was in the 2 am group the year before, but this year I have a new bike (R1200RT) and new enthusiasm so I'll be in.
  9. OK then I will issue a warning GalexGalex. Don't let GreydogGreydog near your bike. She has been looking for one to steal.
  10. Thanks, but with all the electronic stuff on this bike it would probably be easier to steal the Queen Mary.
  11. Sounds like a challenge. So if we can start it can we keep it?
  12. Haven't done this ride since they moved it to a 6pm start. Noted in my diary and should be free for this. Will try and get a few others along for this one, hopefully my headlight doesn't go out this time around.
  13. Is this a bitumen ride or mixture of dirt and bitumen?
  14. There is no planned dirt. Obviously this assumes no bitumen gets ripped up for roadworks.
  15. Can we assume you are one of the ride leaders Dave?
  16. You can assume anything but yep, I will be.
  17. re #11, Sorry, that would be a no. I'm planning on keeping the Queen Mary for a while yet
  18. Awwww damn! Guess I'm going to have to keep buying Tattslotto tickets..
  19. GreydogGreydog with all the tickets you have purchased, you might have been able to buy one outright.
  20. Big Lotto coming up