Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Jul 2, 2016] Newcastle Meet & Greet (Broadmeadow, NSW)

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by DrSleepy, Jun 23, 2016.

Newcastle Meet & Greet
Start Date: Jul 2, 2016 10:00
End Date: Jul 2, 2016 12:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

114 Lambton Rd
Broadmeadow, NSW 2292

Posted By: DrSleepy

Confirmed Attendees: 4
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 4
  1. My fellow degenerates:

It has come to my attention that there have been quite a few new riders joining from the Hunter / Newcastle area over the last few weeks. Whilst its good to occasionally hook up with the Sydney rides when they head up this way, there does seem to be a bit of interest in getting a more regular group together for coffee/drinks, rides and general subversiveness.

So, to in order to gauge interest in pursing this further and put some names to faces, I've decided an informal 'meet & greet' is probably a good idea. This is very much just a "come along, say hello, show us your bike" kind of thing, although I might end up heading off somewhere for a bit of a blat afterwards if people are keen, depending on numbers & weather.

Details are as follows:
    Date: Saturday 2nd July, 2016
    Time: 10.00–12.00 (ish)
    Location: McDonalds Broadmeadow (HERE) — not a particularly exciting venue, but its central, the carpark is big, there's coffee and 'food' for the gastronomically robust.

Basically, I'll be at the location from 10-12 on the day. You're welcome to come for as long or short a time as you like, bring your bike or car. I'll take note of whether you're interested in doing some rides as a group, preference for routes & so on to use in planning any group rides if there's enough interest. It doesn't matter whether you're L, P or fully-licensed, riding a cruiser, naked, sport, or any other form of two-wheeled conveyance.

RSVP for this event is not required, but feel free to let me know whether to expect you!

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. Defo be there great idea , I presume you will sport some kind of floral blouse and a pinned rose for easy identification ?

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. I
    I think his Barnie purple onezy should work better

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. I should be right to make a showing

5. sounds good to me, thanks for making the effort Dr. the important question is what time does maccas brekkie finish?

6. It's all day now I believe. All bases covered. ;)

7. Good idea DrSleepyDrSleepy - convert a few more riders over to the three cylinder clan

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Pffft

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Typical non - believer reaction......

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Some are inconvertible

11. I'll be there Doc. Should we vote before or after

12. Entirely up to you Cam2318Cam2318. The queues are usually bigger in the morning, but if you want to head off on a ride you can always stop at a polling place in order to discharge your civic duty via an absentee vote.

13. So long as they have coffee

• Like Like x 1
  14. Going to try to get there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. 3 cylinders, that's only 3/4 of an engine.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. Next time I see you Senator17Senator17 I'm going to disconnect a spark plug to convince you how good it is.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. I'll show you mine if you show me yours! Lol :woot:

Good on you for kicking things off DrSleepyDrSleepy , all the best of luck with the peeps. Maybe Newcastle can start to compete with the Syd mob? ;)...

I'll keep my Fingers crossed for the weather gods to be favorable .

• Like Like x 2
  18. image.
    Looking forward to Saturday hopefully weather stays like it is cool but lots of sunshine
    We are going to come then ride to Catherine hill bay pub for lunch then ride somewhere to absentee vote , any ones welcome to tag along these are the bikes we are on so if you see them and the riders looking awkward come say gday

• Like Like x 2
  19. At least it's supposed to be a bit warmer this weekend. Riding to work this week has been seriously brrrrrrr

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Hey, I'm two days early. Nobody here at maccas?