Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

[Jul 19, 2015] Brass Monkey ride Sunday 19th July 2015 (Mount Victoria)

Discussion in 'NSW' at netrider.net.au started by Senator17, Jun 15, 2015.

Brass Monkey ride Sunday 19th July 2015
Start Date: Jul 19, 2015 08:00
End Date: Jul 19, 2015 15:00
Time Zone: Australia/Sydney +10:00 AEST

Darling Causway
Mount Victoria 2786

Posted By: Senator17

Confirmed Attendees: 2
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "Yes": 2
The following users have RSVP'd "Maybe":
  1. This ride is to test our your winter riding gear so be prepared for a cold day. 1st meeting place will be McDonalds, Bonnyrig, corner Elizabeth Drive and Smithfield Rd at 8:00 am for an 8:15 Departure. From here we will ride on to McDonalds McGraths Hill for the second meeting place for 9:00 AM for a 9:30 departure. Please have a full tank of fuel at McGraths Hill. From McGraths Hill we will go part way up the Putty Road, to Colo, then through Upper Colo, Kurrajing, Bells Line of Road, Darling Causeway and on to The Imperial Hotel at Mt Victoria. The weather can be unpredictable so be prepared and be cautious. There is the possibility that there may be Black Ice on the road at this time of year. We will know more on the day.

2. What's an estimated time we could be back in say Penrith?

3. Colo to Upper Colo is a nice ride along the river & very scenic ... read tar. I haven't ridden Comleroy Rd to Blaxlands Ridge lately but unless it's been sealed since my last trip it's not a track I'd be taking a group road ride on.

Your ride, your call.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Interested. Will see closer to the time off course. Good opportunity to try out some gear I have had for quite a while but never used.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Comleroy Rd between Upper Colo and Blaxlands Ridge can be a bit testing. Blaxlands Ridge Rd from Putty Rd at Colo to Comleroy Rd at Blaxlands Ridge is an easier option.All sealed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Is anybody awake yet.. I'm thinking of coming along for part of the trip.. But the black ice/ unsealed roads has got me a lil scared.. Will I be ok coming on a sport bike.. I can take it easy.. But don't really wanna hold any body up.. Thoughts? Anyone?

7. I'm an L plater btw.. I guess I'll come to Elizabeth dr maccas and talk to somebody there, if i don't get a reply here soonish.

8. I'm at Elizabeth dr McDonalds.. Nobody is here... I guess I'll wait until 815 and see if anybody turns up

9. Mate, look at the date this ride is planned for. Your a bit early

• Like Like x 1
  10. Are you still meeting at the McDonald's ??

11. Ah July lol

12. I guess I was riding on hopes and dreams lol.. Just excited to get out because the weather has been good to us this weekend

13. Glad to see you're excited about this ride!

• Like Like x 1
  14. At least the date gives me some time to arrange riding get lol!

15. I've done a bit more research, and we will be taking Blaxland RIdge Rd from Putty Rd to Bells Line. Yes we are meeting at McDonalds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. If heated glubs arrive and no icy precipitation, Wasabi and passenger will partake of this jaunt. :)
    Will be my last group ride in Sydney for a while :cry:
    You will have to come north and do my new patch on the Oxley with me ;)

17. Looking forward to both the Sunday ride and to getting up to you new patch on the Oxley.

18. I would have really loved to do this ride but unfortunately I am without bike!!! New one doesn't get here till next week and just back from dropping the scoot at the dealers - make sure you take some pics so I can enjoy it vicariously:happy:

• Like Like x 1
  19. That depends on if you want to stay for lunch at the Imperial. I'm guessing it takes about an hour to get from Mt Victoria to Penrith, so you could be back in Penrith by 2 or 3 pm at a guess.

20. Definitely brass monkey weather!!!! Are you still going????