Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Judas Priest...

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Cat with fleas, Sep 11, 2008.

1. ... rocked out Brisbane last night real good! Standing 5 people deep and hearing killer guitar solos with Halford coming out every song in different studded jackets you could only dream about.

Anyone else seen/them seeing them this tour?
  2. I thought about it, but I was always more of a Maiden than Priest fan, and saw them when they were here. There's also a feast of metal coming through here in these few months and it was hard to pick. (I'd have been more inclined to see Priest if Cavalera Conspiracy had remained the support.)

I was one of those who missed out on Opeth after buying tickets months ago, not because I'm under 18 but my daughter is and she was going to come with me, so I bought all ages tickets for us both and they were cancelled a couple of days before the show. :(

I'll most likely go to Carcass in October - probably a once-in-a-lifetime chance to see them live.

Glad to hear you enjoyed Priest - I'm sure they'd put on a great show.
  3. ...hmmm... never actually heard of the band, but there must some sort of "moral stand" going on because a dude my boyfriend knows SOLD HIS TICKET because those guys weren't supporting anymore....

I don't understand why someone wouldn't go over it though - it was JUDAS PRIEST!
  4. Cavalera Conspiracy is based around the two Cavalera brothers, Max and Iggor, who formed the core of the brilliant Brazillian thrash band Sepultura. When that band broke up they were in a huge feud, so the fact that they're reconciled and making music together again is considered pretty much a miracle by Sepultura fans.
  5. Dude, you should have left your daughter behind! Opeth were great. Mind you, I saw them in Sydney and it was all ages. Just another reason for you to move.

6. I'd love to have seen them, but I had seen them twice before, so... I decided to just suck it up, hope they're back soon and spend the refund on a Carcass ticket! (Which I just bought like 5 minutes ago.)

And hey, she'll be 18 in 3 months anyway, so it won't matter. ;)