Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jordan has a new Shiny!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Iondah, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Well after a painfully slow 15 months and 2 weeks I have finally make the jump.

I deliberated long and hard about what to get, but eventually "the right bike" popped up one day when my girlfriend and I were in a model shop, and she pointed out model bike to me, saying how shiny it was. I hadn't seen one before, so looked it up on the net when I got home and decided it was good.

When I test rode one, which you can read about here:

I decided the Triumph Sprint RS was definately the bike for me. After checking out one in Shepparton that turned out to be a dog, I settled on one of two identical bikes, one in the city and one at Geoff Taylor Motorcycles in Dandenong - who were really helpful when I decided to buy theirs.

It's a 2000 model Triumph Sprint RS, with 22000km on it and I love it to bits! :grin:

Here you go Ktulu:
    More here: http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb20/iondah/
  2. Very nice. Should be a great bike. How much poke does this modle have?
  3. Congrats on the new bike
  4. this one has 110bhp and 97nm. There was an upgrade in 2002 which jacked it up to 120bhp and 107nm.

Could probably get a bit more out of mine with a re-map and a new pipe though.

Still, it's plenty for an upgrade bike :grin:
  5. Thank-you, good and honourable forum member!

You may now print out this certificate, and hang it with pride from your chosen place to display your glorious achievements:

6. Congrats on the bike
  7. Congrats mate !

:rofl: @ Ktulu
  8. lmfao@ktulu. now thats worth an award in itself. i dunno what award, but an award.

iondah. those bikes are awesome! mate of mine has one (his is yellow) and it sounds bloody sweet even with a stock can, and he says it goes like the clappers. he used to ride a zx9R and finds the RS alot more comfortable and friendly in all but race style riding. great buy.
  9. Sprint RS

Have fun on your RS. If you're into working on your own bike get a program called Tuneboy. A guy in Sydney created it so you don't have to go to a dealer for diagnostics & you can download tunes other people have built. I've got it for my RS & the tune I have a guy did 8 dyno runs & made 10 HP more at the wheel. Drop me a line if you need any info on the bike, I was service manager @ a PS store for a couple of years. Duncan
  10. mmmm shiny, nice bike and a pretty cool girlfriend as well! :cool: :cool:
  11. ooh nice bike mate, looks HAWT!
  12. Congrats, looks like an SV at the front, and thats a GOOD thing :grin:

Or more probably SVs look like it :LOL:
  13. Thats a sweet ride, mate. I'm after this engine for my next bike (speed triple :wink: ). The trx that you were also considering wouldn't see which way that thing went (in a straight line anyway). Have fun with it man :cool:
  14. Sweet.

It's been a long and slow journey but it looks worth it.

15. i park my SV next to my friends RS, the RS makes the SV look like a 250, and has a lighter yellow, but other than that they are very similar bikes to look at.
  16. :woot: congratulations! Definitely an improvement :wink:
  17. nice bike!

& ktulu.... i just shake my head :rofl: