Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Joined 4 years ago... Finally just bought a bike!

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Gord, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Hi guys, I joined here in 2008 sometime when I was looking at getting a GS500.

I just took a 2010 black GS500 off the market and I can't be more excited! VERY apprehensive about riding the bloody thing, but it's on my list of things to do before I die and I've wanted to ride for a long long time.

Can't wait to get out there with you in the coming months!

Got some gear last night (bargain bike bits - west heidleberg, can't talk more highly of Ken), and my L permits are booked in for next thursday/friday with motion motorcycles.

Very, very excited! and paying in cash; very broke!

Say hello :]

2. Welcome

Must be the longest time between joining and riding

3. Welcome back!

Have fun with the new toy!
  4. Hi

Well done hope it all goes well with the L's.

Cheers Jeremy
  5. Nice work, now make up for those lost KMs ;)
  6. I lurked for years on this forum, only joined recently too. Enjoy your bike, and check out group rides for your state/area :D
  7. Welcome back mate and happy riding

8. nice one hopefully you have learnt a fair bit in four years, that you can now apply to your riding.

I spent a year on here reading and learning before i got my L's and i think thats the reason i am so fully sick today.
  9. #9 Bignik, Apr 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2015
    You will not regret it.
  10. Good luck with it all and call if you need someone to ride with you. Where abouts do you live?
  11. hey thanks Garido.

I am in Bentleigh East, Melbourne. If all goes well I'll pick up my bike next saturday, and ride it home with my tail between my legs!
  12. Good luck.

I have lurked for 29 years in general, bit the bullet a few months back and have ridden everyday since I got my Yamaha TMax 500.

So much so that both my cars batteries have gone flat.

Every ride is such an adventure.

I ride to the various bike shops in Sydney and buy a new piece of bike gear every weekend, usually safety related, you can never have enough protection.

13. Well things went well! It was booked in for RWC this morning, passed that (after the muffler baffle was put in), and the owner is delivering it to me in two hours!

Having it sit there until friday when I get my permit is going to kill me...
  14. Welcome to the GS500 fraternity !! :biker:
    Good choice of first bike, same as mine. I'm just a few months ahead of you, got my licence in Feb 2012, and LOVING IT: so much fun for so little $. Check out group rides for a nice "we own the road" feeling.

I'd offer to go for a ride with you, but I'm too far away. Feel free to PM me if you ever want to chat with a rider at similar skill level and same bike, bit more experienced but still feeling all the newbie excitements and occasional embarrassments. :grin: