Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Join Dropbox - fantastic backup application - and it's free!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Nucleotide, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Thought I would share a great little application with everyone - it's called Dropbox.

Use this link - http://db.tt/kFDCqLU - to sign up and we both receive an additional 250Mb of storage space for free. (y)

Working as a Systems Administrator for a large automotive dealership I've found this application extremely useful (priceless) over the years. It has been great for syncing files between computers at home (Desktop and Laptop) as well as my work computer. I've also got the Android app installed on my phone which I use to push pictures taken with the phone to my Dropbox account that I can then access with my computer. There is a iPhone, iPad and BlackBerry apps available as well.

Dropbox allows you to sync your files online and across your computers automatically.

Brilliant for backing up files. As the files will be synced between multiple computers as well as online, you really can't get much better.

Sync Features
    • 2GB of online storage for free, with up to 100GB available to paying customers.
    • Sync files of any size or type.
    • Sync Windows, Mac, and Linux computers.
    • Automatically syncs when new files or changes are detected.

Sharing Features
    • Shared folders allow several people to collaborate on the same files.
    • See other people's changes instantly.
    • Use your "Public" folder to link directly to files.
    • Control who has access to your shared folders. Kick people out and remove the shared files from their computers in the process.
    • Automatically create shareable online photo galleries out of regular folders.

Check it out. ;)
  2. just started using this myself recently...just a a file sharing tool for web work at this stage but looking to back up my whole computer sometime soon....just need to get that 1st BIG set of files uploaded!