Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

John McGuinness vs the (Stig driven) McLaren MP4-12C

Discussion in 'Multimedia' at netrider.net.au started by AznCruiser, Sep 25, 2012.

1. http://www.topgear.com/uk/photos/McLaren-v-McGuinness-2012-09-24

2. Looks like w
    something worth viewing when it up.

Not a fan of NASCAR headlights.

3. Only a one second behind the Stig at the TG track.
    I think the Stig would still be competitive blindfolded at that track.
    Monster effort from John, was it filmed? That would be awesome.

4. Not happy JAN!!!! I expected better from the bike, must have been the bumps.

5. not to mention that the car has more contact patch and more lateral grip....
    cars are quicker in corners and top speed. this is fact.
    bikes are quicker on the street cause there aren't many street cars that can keep up with the sheer acceleration of a bike, or the top speed.... but once you get over 200km/h or so.... the cars reel bikes in pretty quick

6. It's TopGear. What do you expect? They're a car show, so are they going to design a contest that a bike's going to win? For that matter - it's a show with Jeremy Clarkson in it. Would it even be in character if everything was fair or true or correct? I mean, I enjoy watching him as much as the next bloke, he's very funny, but I wouldn't say I unreservedly believe everything he says. The fact that you can't believe everything he says is one of the reasons it's such good entertainment.

7. ...a nurburgring challenge is in order!

8. Not if you want the bike to win. Phillip Island would be better. Queensland Raceway would be better again. With the pro-bike crowd selecting who gets to ride and who gets to drive. And plenty of test and warm-up.