Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jog CV50V Transmission Oil

Discussion in 'Scooters' started by chigsi, May 24, 2011.

1. Hi Guys

i am new to scooters, recently picked up a 2006 Yamaha Jog CV50V in dark blue

im just running few services myself, up to the bit says in the manual it needs SAE10w30 type SE motor oil for my final transmission

i have been to both burson and supercheap but could not find a 10w30 transmission oil

any1 know which oil i should be using? or substitute with? guy at burson said i can just use a 10w30 car engine oil

2. Most transmission oils are up in the SAE 80 or 90 range, so if it's asking for 10w30 then its motor oil. Just use that, and change it according to the book's intervals. Jogs are tough little suckers but treat it to good quality synthetic or semi-synthetic motorcycle two-stroke oil; never use chainsaw or outboard oil, even in a pinch.
  3. Lol, I had a jog once. I fed it what ever oil I could find! I did 30000km on that thing and it collided with 3 cars! I gave it away in the end because I replaced the front wheel and brake shoes and destroyed them within a few months! But I went everywhere on that. Took it up dirt tracks with a fishing rod. Used to use to to carry my camera gear to places where I could take photo's not accessable by any other means. Even rode it accross mt glorious once (slow trip up!!).