Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

joel down but not from the bike...or was it?

Discussion in 'General Motorcycling Discussion' started by Mrs RidesCbr, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Joel wont be around the forum for a couple of days as he is in hospital, it is not a bike related injury he has an infection around his eye.
    I will keep everyone updated

more than likely a bug to the eye whilst riding. if this happens and your eye hurts, see a doctor. joel chose to work monday and tuesday looking like he did last time he was too cheeky at the pub. it is not worth losing your eye over.
    an infection such as this so close to the brain (not that he has one) can also be deadly.

2. Hope he is up and about real quick. Give him a big hug from me.. :p
  3. Hi Mrs RidesCbr, Send Joel our best. Hope he gets out and about soon. :)
  4. Sorry to hear that. Hope he's better soon. Hugs from me too :)
  5. I have no doubt that we all wish Joel a speedy recovery. But don't let him know that :wink:

6. :WStupid:
  7. +1 ^^^^^^^^^^^

Get better quick Joel.
  8. Hope it's not serious damage.

Poke him in the other eye to take his mind off the sore one
  9. Pinkeye!
  10. thanks very much mrs.cbr,

here is some general [mostly othopod] hospital advice from another forum.

wish joel a speedy recovery for me please.

cheers :cool:

11. I bet it's his one blue and white bulldog eye that has never recovered from mad monday........................either that or he got a whack in the eye when he refused the girl guide selling cookies at his doorstep :LOL: :LOL:
  12. Well, it does go some way to explaining his one-eyed opinions :rofl:.

Seriously, give him my best :).
  13. Wishing Joel all the best. Get well soon.
  14. All the best Joel
  15. Get well soon Joel.

I just hope you didn't bring this on your self , remember your father said it you keep doing that.... you would go blind :cool: :LOL:
  16. I wish Joel all the best and hope he has a speedy recovery.
  17. Hope you're out and about soon Joel :)
  18. Wash it out with beer and stop mincing :p.

Get well soon mate.
  19. according to Louise Hay the eyes represent the capacity to see clearly. The 'probable cause' of eye problems is "not liking what you see in your own life". so if you believe this crap, her suggested affirmations are:

"I see with love and joy" and "I now create a life i love to look at"

She's more specific about astigmatism (is that related to what you've got?) saying it's the fear of really seeing the self and the affirmation suggested there is: "i am now willing to see my own beauty and magnificence" - woohoo - go joel. we all see your beauty and magnificence, it's about time you did! :cool: :p :LOL:

anyway, personally I've never taken a blind bit of notice of anything she has to say, but it does feels good to say the affirmations :wink:

hugs'n'smiles, light'n'love from ken'n'i xx