Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Joe Tripodi. He's finally gone. Good riddance to bodily refuse.

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Ljiljan, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Probably the slimiest bastard in the state NSW government has said he will not be running for re-election. Thank God. I wouldn't be surprised if he's had a few brown paper bag lunches for every folio he has held. So far, 12 of the 22 ministers that started were elected last election have resigned or been replaced. 15 of the current ones are not running for re-selection. This is Liberal's election to lose. So was the last though...

The links are from the daily telegraph so they may be slightly coloured...

And gone..

2. Bloody hell,I thought I was finally banned.
  3. The Italian mafia are being dispatched
  4. Oh, that's fantastic news!
  5. Definitely.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Liberal fanboy, but I'm far from impressed about how the NSW Labor government has managed this place. They need to go. They needed to go last election.
  6. "labor power-broker"

politic-speak for 'slimy crook'.
  7. You could remove the word 'labor' from that post and it would still be true though...
  8. That's true, but for its sins Labor has had (and still has) some high-profile examples.....
  9. I'm not convinced Liberals are any different, they just haven't had a chance to show it.

Despite the fact that this election seems to be handed to the lib's, they are putting on a very limp showing. A good scare campaign could just turn it against them.
  10. I dunno about that. It'll take a pretty amazing turnaround for Keneally to be elected again. You'd have to have rocks in your head to vote for the state labor government in NSW.
  11. What's with the "again"?

But as it stands, Iemma managed it. Don't know what it was about him, but he constantly looked like he was getting tea bagged by someone with elephantiasis.
  12. Oh, well, Carr/Iemma/Rees/Keneally.

I love the description of Iemma. The libs are unproven (And I would have much rathered Debnam leading it) but if I was living in NSW I'd vote for the damn NSDAP before I voted for Keneally.
  13. Just another rat jumping off the sinking ship now that there gravy train is coming to a end, they face serious annihilation this election
  14. yeh, the funniest part was in the penrith by-election a while ago. Labor press release said they were expecting a 20 percent swing so after the by-election they could say they were doing better than they predicted. The swing was about 25%.
  15. Oh, I remember that. But they said it was because of Labors problems federally!

Bahahahahahaha. Bahahaha.
  16. Well in hindsight, Labor's federal problems (backstabbing, infighting, wankery) weren't major enough to lose them an election.
  17. Only because the alternative was no better.

I suspect NSW may end up with a similar situation - hung parliament.
  18. No chance. 34% prefered party to Keneally last time I looked. 25% swing against them in the last by-election that was in a safe seat. Nope. They won't get back in and nobody can say they deserve to with a straight face.
  19. Yeh I can't see Lib's losing this one either. Whether they deserve to win or not is another matter.