Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Joe Rocket Speedmaster Back Protector.

Discussion in 'Riding Gear and Bike Accessories/Parts' at netrider.net.au started by Warnsey, Feb 7, 2009.

1. G'day guys,

Well I picked up my Joe Rocket Speedmaster back protector today and have ridden a few hours with it on. Here are my initial impressions. Given the 35 degree plus temps today, I didn't find it to hot or obtrusive. It sat under my jacket nicely and doesn't appear super obvious. It stays in position nicely and the arm and belt straps hold it in place well. It's comfortable and i do feel just that little bit safer knowing it's protecting my spine.

While i'm not one to force opinions on people. I will say this to those that don't wear protective gear or think they might ever need one. After spending 5 months in the spinal unit with your partner and living with her in a wheel chair for a year after a car accident. You realise how fragile the body is and that any extra bit of protection for the spine is worth it.

While i'm not planning on testing it's impact effectiveness :p , i'm glad I have it.

Cheers

2. Where to buy?

Where did you buy the protector? I'm in Sydney and couldn't find it.

3. ive been riding with a ufo plast for a few months now. i went for a quick spin the other day without it and had to turn around after a few hundred meters cause it felt wrong not wearing it.

recommend bp's to all!