Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Job hunting in OZ

Discussion in 'Jokes and Humour' started by Iffracem, Jun 30, 2005.

1. would be funnier if it wasn't true for some people

Joe Smith started the day early having set his alarm clock (MADE IN
    JAPAN) for 6am.

While his coffeepot (MADE IN CHINA) was perking, he shaved with his electric razor (MADE IN HONG KONG). He put on a dress shirt (MADE IN SRI LANKA), designer jeans (MADE IN SINGAPORE) and tennis shoes (MADE IN KOREA).

After cooking his breakfast in his new electric skillet (MADE IN INDIA) he sat down with his calculator (MADE IN MEXICO) to see how much he could spend today.

After setting his watch (MADE IN TAIWAN) to the radio (MADE IN INDIA) he got in his car (MADE IN GERMANY) and continued his search for a good paying Australian JOB.

At the end of yet another discouraging and fruitless day, Joe decided to relax for a while.

He put on his sandals (MADE IN BRAZIL) poured himself a glass
    of wine (MADE IN FRANCE) and turned on his TV (MADE IN INDONESIA),

and then wondered why he can't find a good paying job in Australia.....
  2. Yeah, far more true than it is humerous :(
  3. Yeah.

Thought it might be a bit too "heavy" after I posted it.
    Worth posting, but maybe the wrong forum

Mouth/Vic might be better in the General discussion forum????

4. no belongs in the humour section - they guy was wearning sandals :LOL:
  5. What about his english bike?
  6. Nah this tosser would have had an american Hardly Dangerous!
  7. The reason he can't find a good paying job in Oz is that all of the things mentioned, an Australian couldn't produce if their arse was on fire!!! Something basic like a calculator would take a year to build "Yeah mate - just waiting on some parts..." and cost around $300 and would break after a week!

Ever tried to find a decent tradesman?? "oh yeah-I'll be there at 9......." (4 hrs later...)

Ever had to wait around to get the phone fixed by a Telstra guy who'll be there "between 11 and 3..."

And don't even TALK about someone to fix your computer!!!

Face it - the only thing us Aussies are good at is digging holes and whingeing!
  8. Hey that's no fair!

What about drinking beer and chucking prawns at a BBQ?

9. I fix pooters :shock: (well, big ones called servers mainly)

I got's me a "worlds best" service turnaround, even if it takes me a 25 hour straight.. no stop for coffee, drink it as you work shift ocassionally to maintain the service.

Also get personal mentions of thanks for a good job in the annual user feedback survey, cos as my servers usually behave themselves, I help out with the helpdesk roster.

I'm an Ozzie, and most of the people I've worked with are Ozzie's, very few could be classed as whinging, useless bludgers.
    I agree with the Te$tra sentiment, IMHO that's the tel$stra management interfering in the tech's ability to do the job, no use having a go at the poor sod trying to help.

Ozzies are renowned for their ideas inventions etc, the fridge is an Oz idea, many medical breakthroughs are Oz, what about the ANZAC spirit, our servicemen are counted and respected as among the worlds best.

The average Oz (including all the various races that make Oz their home) is decent, fair and a bloody good mate!!!

Where this country falls down is in our leadership, both politically and in business, too interested in the quick buck and too greedy by far.

that's my humble opinion anyway.

10. Totally agree,

In the same industry myself and we work till the job is done. Know some sys admins who only do anything other than web surfing/downloads if there is a problem...and then only to get mamagement of their back.

bloody useless...... preventative maintenance??? Wot's that?