Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

"jetman" flys over Rio

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by Mr Flibble, May 5, 2012.

1. All I can say is wow...

2. His parachute spent way long in tow.
  3. Man, I'm scared to death of heights and falling, but for powered flight like this, I'd make an exception. It's a dream of mine to soar like that. It's like, motorbikes are to cars what this is to planes. Out in the elements, one with flight, man that would be incredible. I've loved this guy since I first read about him five or so years ago, called him the rocketman back then, but they change his name as he changes his propulsion method.

Lilley, what do you mean by your comment?
  4. #4 Ljiljan, May 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2015

Generally due to pilot chute getting caught in turbulent air so not getting any lift.

He could also be using a different type of chute that may take longer to come out.
  5. Oh wow, that video was worrying! Yves probably wouldn't be able to reach around to get it out with the wings either...I wonder if he has a quick release on the wings or something
  6. Pull main cord... 1... 2... 3....
    If nothing, throw away handle, grip reserve handle, pull across your body, clear the line. Pray.
    If nothing, then start to panic hard.
    That's memory from one day of training and it's a five year old memory. Stuff like that stays with you.

The main cause of this would have been significant horizontal velocity to minimal down velocity leaving the pilot chute dragging in the wake of the wings.