Welcome to Netrider ... Connecting Riders!

Interested in talking motorbikes with a terrific community of riders?
Signup (it's quick and free) to join the discussions and access the full suite of tools and information that Netrider has to offer.

Jersey Boys - A Small Review

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by mjt57, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Yesterday I went to the matinee showing of the musical, The Jersey Boys.

I was never a Frankie Valli fan, but my wife (SWM [with an emphasis on the "M"]BO) insisted on going.

So, with wife and daughters in tow we went.

And we came away suitably impressed.

I was amazed how well the songs sounded when played live. But what blew me away was the way the play was orchestrated, choreographed and generally run.

Great acting, great sets, albeit a bit sparse. But that's not what it was about.

While most of the songs that FV and the 4 Seasons had hits with were from the 50s and 60s, I would guarantee that most of us here would be familiar with them in one way or another.

The show runs for 2hrs and 40mins with a 20 min intermission.

So, do yourselves a favor and see if you can get tickets to the show. If nothing else you'll get to see the history of one of the US's most influential bands unfold in front of you with some great music to listen to, to boot.
  2. If it was in Sydney I would go :) I like some of the music :)
  3. Hey Sirian, do it. It's an excuse for a trip away, see the sights, get the crap kicked out of you at a nightclub or at a fast food outlet afterwards.

Or not.

Seriously, Sirian (try saying that after a few), it was an excellent show, well worth the dough. Hell, we even found cheap(ish) parking nearby and the theatre validates the ticket for a discount (but we forgot to do this).

When we visit New York next we want to take in the Broadway play. It'd be interesting to see real New Yorkers or even people from New Jersery portraying the originals, instead of decidedly Aussie actors doing it. That said, the Aussie actors were fantastic.
  4. Hmm well a trip to Melbourne is on the cards lol

Shall ask the Minister for Finance :LOL:
  5. It'll go to Sydney next - probably the Lyric. May not be for a year or so though.

For the sake of interest - Bobby Fox who plays Frankie is Irish! :LOL:

And seeing it on Broadway is no guarantee that the cast will be Yank, let alone NY/NJ locals... Just sayin.

Have heard nothing but good things about this show, hopefully be able to see it before I leave for Syd (with Wicked)